Tour de France – register now to be a ‘Tour Maker’: Deadline Monday, January 20
- Credit: Archant
Uttlesford residents have until Monday, January 20 to register their interest in being a ‘Tour Maker’.
Volunteers will be needed on Monday, July 7 as Stage 3 of Le Tour makes its way through Uttlesford and other parts of Essex before heading to London to finish on the Mall in front of Buckingham Palace.
Those who register at http://letour.yorkshire.com/tour-makers will be contacted when more details on volunteering opportunities become available. Tour Makers will be in the front line to welcome the world and help millions of spectators have a fantastic time.
The route enters Essex north of Saffron Walden, taking in parts of Uttlesford, Braintree, Chelmsford and Epping Forest, leaving the county through Epping en route to London.
Cllr Howard Rolfe, cabinet member for Communities and Partnerships at Uttlesford District Council, said: “We are really looking forward to welcoming Le Tour to Uttlesford in 2014, building on the legacy of hosting the Torch Relay for London 2012.
You may also want to watch:
“These high profile events are made even more special by the help and dedication given by hard working volunteers, so if you would like to get involved and become a ‘Tour Maker’, I urge residents to sign up before Monday’s deadline.”
• For more information on the Tour de France 2014’s route through Essex, visit essex.gov.uk/Pages/Tour-de-France.aspx. For more details on Stage 3 of Le Tour, visit letour.2014stage3.com
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 5 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 6 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 9 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 10 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021