Tour de France – register now to be a ‘Tour Maker’: Deadline Monday, January 20
- Credit: Archant
Uttlesford residents have until Monday, January 20 to register their interest in being a ‘Tour Maker’.
Volunteers will be needed on Monday, July 7 as Stage 3 of Le Tour makes its way through Uttlesford and other parts of Essex before heading to London to finish on the Mall in front of Buckingham Palace.
Those who register at http://letour.yorkshire.com/tour-makers will be contacted when more details on volunteering opportunities become available. Tour Makers will be in the front line to welcome the world and help millions of spectators have a fantastic time.
The route enters Essex north of Saffron Walden, taking in parts of Uttlesford, Braintree, Chelmsford and Epping Forest, leaving the county through Epping en route to London.
Cllr Howard Rolfe, cabinet member for Communities and Partnerships at Uttlesford District Council, said: “We are really looking forward to welcoming Le Tour to Uttlesford in 2014, building on the legacy of hosting the Torch Relay for London 2012.
You may also want to watch:
“These high profile events are made even more special by the help and dedication given by hard working volunteers, so if you would like to get involved and become a ‘Tour Maker’, I urge residents to sign up before Monday’s deadline.”
• For more information on the Tour de France 2014’s route through Essex, visit essex.gov.uk/Pages/Tour-de-France.aspx. For more details on Stage 3 of Le Tour, visit letour.2014stage3.com
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 4 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 5 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 10 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event