Tourist centre set for grand re-opening
SAFFRON WALDEN is set to move back to its newly refurbished home at 1 Market Place on April 9. The TIC has been operating from the Council Chamber in the Town Hall since the 10-week work - which was due to cost almost �50,000 - began in January. In order
SAFFRON WALDEN is set to move back to its newly refurbished home at 1 Market Place on April 9.
The TIC has been operating from the Council Chamber in the Town Hall since the 10-week work - which was due to cost almost �50,000 - began in January.
In order to be on schedule, it will be necessary for the TIC to be closed for the three days beforehand, Monday to Wednesday April 6-8 inclusive.
Mark Starte, a duty manager at the TIC, said: "We are very much looking forward to moving back to 1 Market Place and I am sure that the newly designed layout will prove to be a welcome and pleasurable experience for both local residents and tourists alike.
You may also want to watch:
"I would, however, like to offer my apologies for any inconvenience our three day closure will cause to our loyal customers, but would encourage them to come and see us as soon as we re-open. I am sure that they will be impressed."
The new-look TIC - which became a Saffron Walden Town Council-run service in March last year after Uttlesford District Council approved plans to transfer control of the operation - will open its doors for the first time to the public at 9.30am on Thursday April 9.
- 1 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Villages around Saffron Walden covered in frost and snow
- 4 Another planning application as previous rejection prepares for appeal
- 5 Auction stations - former telephone exchange is up for grabs
- 6 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 7 Photographer 'shocked' after praise from hundreds of people
- 8 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 9 Saffron Walden artist designs George Orwell book covers
- 10 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
An official ribbon-cutting ceremony will take place at a later date.