Tourist information centre launches new online booking system
SAFFRON Walden Tourist Information Centre is to launch a new box office service which will include an online booking and ticket printing facility.
The new electronic system is based on the one used at Saffron Screen - which accounts for about 40 per cent of the tickets sold at the cinema.
It has been developed by Saffron Ticket Systems, a new company set up to provide box office and online ticket systems for community cinemas, theatres and amateur groups.
The new system will go live at the TIC and via saffrontickets.com on April 16 with sales for the 2012 Saffron Walden Arts Festival.
The festival will have four evening shows: Hyperfusion Theatre Company performing Fame on June 7, The Pantaloons performing The Importance of being Earnest on June 8, Saffron Walden’s Got Talent on June 9 and a jazz concert by Blue Harlem on June 10.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Starte, duty manager at the TIC, said: “We are very excited to be working with STS and to have this opportunity to improve and enhance the way we run our box office service.”
Paul Willmott of STS said: “We are delighted to launch our new service in partnership with the TIC. Providing local organisations such as the Arts Festival with both an online ticket facility and a box office in the town centre is the best of both worlds.
- 1 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 2 Saffron Striders enjoy lots of choice with Great North Run the main event
- 3 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 4 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
- 5 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 6 Peter Holt is appointed as the new district council chief executive
- 7 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 8 'It feels brilliant to be back' - Aladdin announced as Cambridge Arts Theatre's full-scale Christmas pantomime
- 9 Your pictures as Essex goes 'Back to School'
- 10 Opera superstar opens world-class season of entertainment lined up at Saffron Hall
“We are looking forward to providing ticketing for many other local organisations in the near future”.