TOWIE fans help raise over £8,000 for four Essex charities
- Credit: Supplied by Blitzkids Radio/VIP HQ
TOWIE fans helped raise £8,610 for four Essex charities over the Bank Holiday weekend.
A two-day broadcast on digital radio station Blitzkids raised £4,610, with the rest from a star-studded Billericay football match.
The event was organised by Blitzkids Radio and VIP HQ gym.
A portion of the cash will go towards Mid and North Essex Mind, which supports people facing mental health crises around Braintree and Chelmsford.
Jenny MacPherson of Mid and North Essex Mind said: "We want to say a big thank you to the organisers and our supporters for such an amazing achievement, particularly at this difficult time."
Funds were also raised for Dogs Trust Basildon, Harp Homelessness, Southend, and Haven House Children's Hospice, Woodford Green.
You may also want to watch:
Blitzkids' Ryan Lewis said: "The weekend was a huge success.
"It really does exemplify what Essex is about and can achieve when the community comes together."
- 1 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 2 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 3 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 4 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 6 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 7 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 8 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Essex filmmaker's animated journey through the universe to be shown at Saffron Screen
- 10 Uttlesford residents help council map 'vital' green spaces