TOWIE fans help raise over £8,000 for four Essex charities
- Credit: Supplied by Blitzkids Radio/VIP HQ
TOWIE fans helped raise £8,610 for four Essex charities over the Bank Holiday weekend.
A two-day broadcast on digital radio station Blitzkids raised £4,610, with the rest from a star-studded Billericay football match.
The event was organised by Blitzkids Radio and VIP HQ gym.
A portion of the cash will go towards Mid and North Essex Mind, which supports people facing mental health crises around Braintree and Chelmsford.
Jenny MacPherson of Mid and North Essex Mind said: "We want to say a big thank you to the organisers and our supporters for such an amazing achievement, particularly at this difficult time."
Funds were also raised for Dogs Trust Basildon, Harp Homelessness, Southend, and Haven House Children's Hospice, Woodford Green.
You may also want to watch:
Blitzkids' Ryan Lewis said: "The weekend was a huge success.
"It really does exemplify what Essex is about and can achieve when the community comes together."
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 4 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 5 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 6 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 7 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 8 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital