TOWIE star Mark Wright to round up Saffron Walden Carnival opener!
- Credit: Archant
Mark Wright, of The Only Way Is Essex and I’m a Celebrity, Get me Out of Here fame, will be coming to Saffron Walden to compère the ever-popular carnival queen competition on July 4.
Since Wright burst out from Brentwood and onto our TV screens in October 2010 as a star of TOWIE, he has gone on to become one of the most popular and talked-about media personalities in the UK.
His successful career as a presenter is charging forward with his new show Party Wright Around The World, Wednesday nights on ITV2, as well as through his own radio show on Heart FM.
It will cap a true night of Essex stars, and comes a week after the organisers of Saffron Walden Carnival 2014, the Round Table, announced that X Factor winner Matt Cardle will be performing on opening night of the popular ‘Eight Day Weekend’, .
Carnival chairman Jason Thomson said: “Between Matt Cardle and Mark Wright, we have a fantastic Essex line-up to kick off what promises to be another great carnival.”
If you are over 18 and interested in applying to participate in the carnival queen competition, to enjoy the privilege of representing the town over the Eight Day Weekend, and of course to meet Mark Wright up close, you should e-mail email@example.com, or visit the carnival website.
Tickets for carnival queen, Matt Cardle, and all the other carnival events will be available soon on the website, so keep an eye on 8dayweekend.co.uk for further information.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 2 Stage times for Simple Minds' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 3 Elbow stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 4 Walden Bikers break fundraising record at eighth birthday gathering
- 5 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 6 20 Ukrainian medical students begin placements at Addenbrooke’s
- 7 Castle Hill serve up thrilling veterans doubles tournament
- 8 No Stansted Express trains for five days in August
- 9 Vegetables and flowers on display at Clavering Horticultural Society show
- 10 Sir Tom Jones, Simple Minds, Elbow and the Bootleg Beatles to headline four nights of concerts at Audley End
Sign up there for carnival updates, and you could win a pair of tickets to the event of your choice.
The carnival, organised by Saffron Walden Round Table, runs from July 4 to 12 on the Common and throughout the town.