Town will be ‘handed over to the community’ for late night Christmas shopping event
LATE Night Christmas Shopping in Saffron Walden this year will be on Friday December 7 between 5.30pm and 8.30pm.
It is being organised by the Saffron Walden Initiative with the support of the town council.
Saffron Walden Round Table will be present with Father Christmas and his sleigh and there will be music from Pure Sax from the County High School, carol singing from the Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company and the Juggle Brothers will be providing street entertainment with glow juggling and walking on stilts.
Chairman of the Initiative, Peter Riding, said: “This is the one night of the year when the town centre is handed over to the community.
“All the charity and market trader stalls have been booked and the event starts at 5.30pm specifically to allow for young families to attend. There will also be a Christmas gift fair in the town hall.
You may also want to watch:
“The tourist information centre will be staying open until 8.30pm and arrangements have been made for the Hill Street public toilets to stay open until 9pm.”
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 4 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 5 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 10 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing