Traffic update: bridge work to cause delays on M11 near Stansted Airport
ROUTINE inspection work on six bridges at Junction 8 (Stansted) of the M11 will take place over three nights starting on Tuesday September 29.The work will be carried out between 10pm and 5am with full lane closures on the northbound carriageway of the M
ROUTINE inspection work on six bridges at Junction 8 (Stansted) of the M11 will take place over three nights starting on Tuesday September 29.
The work will be carried out between 10pm and 5am with full lane closures on the northbound carriageway of the M11 including the A120 off slip on Tuesday 29 September.
The M11 southbound carriageway and the A120 on sliproad will be closed on Wednesday 20 September.
There will be lane closures on the northbound on sliproad from Junction 8 and the southbound off sliproad to Junction 8 on Thursday 1 October.
You may also want to watch:
While the carriageways are closed traffic, including airport traffic, will be diverted up and over the Junction 8 roundabout. Moderate delays are expected and the Highways Agency regrets any inconvenience the work may cause.
- 1 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 2 New outreach Post Office for community
- 3 Uttlesford businesses 'disappointed' with Freedom Day delay
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 6 Classical BRIT Award-winning Jess Gillam to play Saffron Hall
- 7 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 8 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 9 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 10 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled