Traffic update: bridge work to cause delays on M11 near Stansted Airport
ROUTINE inspection work on six bridges at Junction 8 (Stansted) of the M11 will take place over three nights starting on Tuesday September 29.The work will be carried out between 10pm and 5am with full lane closures on the northbound carriageway of the M
ROUTINE inspection work on six bridges at Junction 8 (Stansted) of the M11 will take place over three nights starting on Tuesday September 29.
The work will be carried out between 10pm and 5am with full lane closures on the northbound carriageway of the M11 including the A120 off slip on Tuesday 29 September.
The M11 southbound carriageway and the A120 on sliproad will be closed on Wednesday 20 September.
There will be lane closures on the northbound on sliproad from Junction 8 and the southbound off sliproad to Junction 8 on Thursday 1 October.
You may also want to watch:
While the carriageways are closed traffic, including airport traffic, will be diverted up and over the Junction 8 roundabout. Moderate delays are expected and the Highways Agency regrets any inconvenience the work may cause.
- 1 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 2 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 3 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 4 Outdoor spaces help Uttlesford reclaim some normality
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 9 West Essex villages fear becoming 'trapped' by road closures
- 10 Robin Hood pantomime to celebrate Harlow Playhouse's 50th birthday this Christmas