Audley End waiting room among three refurbished for £190,000
- Credit: Greater Anglia
Audley End is one of three Essex rail stations to benefit from a £190,000 waiting rooms upgrade.
The money is part of a transformation programme run by Greater Anglia throughout 2020.
The company said it had improved accessibility and made waiting rooms more comfortable at Audley End, Cheshunt and Tottenham Hale.
Each waiting room has received new seating, flooring, and redecoration, and more energy-efficient heating and air conditioning.
Wide automatic doors have also been installed at Audley End and Tottenham Hale to help make the waiting rooms more easily accessible for those with mobility issues, pushchairs and luggage.
Greater Anglia said passengers have the opportunity to charge laptops and mobile phones while they wait, using the stations’ free fast Wi-Fi.
Each waiting room also benefits from new information screens and CCTV thanks to a network-wide technology upgrade carried out by the train operator.
- 1 Uttlesford Local Plan delay 'necessary' say councillors
- 2 Debden man fundraising for Mind with 480km walk
- 3 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 4 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 5 Tea party celebrates Saffron Walden Museum volunteers
- 6 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 7 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 8 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 9 Essex Eagles hit Glamorgan hard in Vitality Blast best
- 10 Barclays closing branches in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
Simone Bailey, Greater Anglia’s asset management director, said, “The aim was to deliver more accessible, comfortable waiting rooms and better facilities for our customers to improve their experience of travelling by rail and to encourage passengers to return once the current pandemic restrictions end.
“Investing in upgrades to stations across the network is extremely important to Greater Anglia, demonstrating our commitment to providing excellent facilities and service to our customers.”