Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- Credit: Saffron Photo
Commuters who travel by train can now use a flexible car parking pass at some East Anglian stations.
Rail operator Greater Anglia has rolled out its new parking pass at 23 station car parks in the region, including Whittlesford Parkway, Audley End, Cambridge and Chelmsford.
The ticket gives passengers eight parking sessions which can be used on any day - without the need to pre-book - up to 28 days after buying the ticket.
The arrangement matches the new Flexi Season ticket rolled out by the rail operator earlier this year.
Simone Bailey, of Greater Anglia, said: "As we all know, the pandemic has changed working patterns.
You may also want to watch:
"With commuters expected to continue working from home for part of the working week, this flexible parking season ticket ideal."
Ticket prices vary at each of the 23 stations, the rail operator said.
- 1 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 2 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 6 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 7 Thaxted - Carver Scout Group visit an Apache helicopter
- 8 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 9 Historic books have new 'long loan' home to help researchers
- 10 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank
The pass can be used at:
- Audley End
- Bishops Stortford
- Cambridge North
- Harlow Town
- Hatfield Peverel
- Marks Tey
- Whittlesford Parkway