Kia claims double gold in Auto Express Used Car Of The Year Awards
- Credit: Archant
Britain’s best used cars for 2016 have been revealed by Auto Express, with Kia coming out on top in two key categories.
Chosen by experts at Britain’s biggest selling weekly car magazine, the cars are rated on a number of qualities that matter most to used car buyers, including fuel economy, comfort, reliability, running costs and build quality.
Driving away with a double win was Kia as the Sportage MkIII took top position for Used Car of The Year while the Korean manufacturer is rated as having the Best Approved Used Scheme.
The third generation family friendly SUV ticks all the boxes offering unbeatable value for used car bargain hunters with its spacious cabin and low running costs. Kia’s industry leading seven-year warranty - which covers new and used vehicles - further increases the Sportage’s appeal.
This unbeatable warranty also helps the manufacturer claim the award for Best Approved Used Scheme. The Auto Express guide ranks manufacturer used car services based on features and benefits such as age of vehicles, mileage, breakdown cover and warranty. Kia wins with its range of cherry-picked low mileage, well looked after models that minimise the risk of potential problems for future buyers.
You may also want to watch:
Steve Fowler, editor-in-chief of Auto Express, said: “With efficiency and practicality backed by an unbeatable warranty, Kia offers a 360 degree peace of mind. This makes the Kia Sportage Mk3 not only a great car new, but sensational value for money and a brilliant used buy.”
The full details of this year’s winners of Auto Express’ Britain’s Best Used Cars can be found in Auto Express’ issue on sale now or go to www.autoexpress.co.uk/used-car-guide.
- Used Car of the Year: Kia Sportage MkIII
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 3 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 4 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 5 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 6 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 7 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 8 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 9 Try this at home: Chef Webb from MasterChef's latest recipe
- 10 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- Best City Car: Skoda Citigo
- Best Supermini: Ford Fiesta MkVI
- Best Premium Small Car: Fiat 500
- Best Compact Family Hatch: SEAT Leon MkIII
- Best Estate Car: Skoda Superb MkII
- Best Family Car: Vauxhall Insignia
- Best Small SUV: Peugeot 2008
- Best Compact SUV: Kia Sportage MkIII
- Best Large SUV: Volvo XC90 MkI
- Best Compact Executive: BMW 3 Series F30
- Best Executive: Audi A6 MkIV
- Best Coupe: VW Scirocco
- Best MPV: SEAT Alhambra
- Best Cabriolet: Mazda MX-5 MkIII
- Best Performance Car: Ford Fiesta ST
- Best Luxury Car: Mercedes S-Class W221
- Best Green Car: Nissan Leaf