Minibuses are transporting residents to Covid jab appointments
- Credit: Uttlesford Community Travel
An Uttlesford charity is providing a shot of support to the Covid vaccination programme.
Uttlesford Community Travel is transporting residents to appointments at Stansted Health Centre, the Lord Butler Leisure Centre in Saffron Walden and Basildon Hospital.
The transport service is being used by the over-60s, the disabled, those unable to access public transport, or those with no public transport because of rural isolation.
UCT is also available to take people to other medical appointments and other transport needs such as shopping and transporting key workers.
General manager Malcolm Barrell said: “We don’t want people worrying about getting to their appointments, so our minibuses are standing by to provide transport for our residents. We are here to help in these unprecedented times.”
You may also want to watch:
Minibuses have been converted to ensure passenger safety, with features such as screens.
For further information and to book your journey call 01371 875787 or 01799 519008.
- 1 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 2 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 3 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 4 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 5 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 6 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 7 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 8 Thaxted - Carver Scout Group visit an Apache helicopter
- 9 Historic books have new 'long loan' home to help researchers
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road