Minibuses are transporting residents to Covid jab appointments
- Credit: Uttlesford Community Travel
An Uttlesford charity is providing a shot of support to the Covid vaccination programme.
Uttlesford Community Travel is transporting residents to appointments at Stansted Health Centre, the Lord Butler Leisure Centre in Saffron Walden and Basildon Hospital.
The transport service is being used by the over-60s, the disabled, those unable to access public transport, or those with no public transport because of rural isolation.
UCT is also available to take people to other medical appointments and other transport needs such as shopping and transporting key workers.
General manager Malcolm Barrell said: “We don’t want people worrying about getting to their appointments, so our minibuses are standing by to provide transport for our residents. We are here to help in these unprecedented times.”
You may also want to watch:
Minibuses have been converted to ensure passenger safety, with features such as screens.
For further information and to book your journey call 01371 875787 or 01799 519008.
- 1 More than 600 want reopening of North Hall Road after nine months
- 2 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 3 Walden spruced up ahead of lockdown easing
- 4 Consultation launched ahead of Golden Acre Play Area upgrade
- 5 Residents and business owners celebrate April 12 reopenings
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company announces musicals
- 8 Homes plan could join Saffron Walden and Sewards End
- 9 Several trees cut down without permission from Saffron Walden garden
- 10 Walden market traders react to lockdown lifting