Clavering road collision leaves one in hospital and 38 homes without power
- Credit: Saffron Walden Fire Station/Essex County Fire and Rescue Service
A person has been taken to hospital and part of a village was left without power after a road collision yesterday evening (Sunday, November 7).
Fire crews from Saffron Walden and Stansted were called to a collision on Stortford Road, Clavering at around 7.40pm.
They found that two cars had been seriously damaged in the collision, and one car had collided with power lines, which left a "large area" without power.
An Essex County Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: "Fires crews made the vehicles and area safe and contained a fuel spillage."
They added that one person was taken to hospital by ambulance.
UK Power Networks said its engineers worked "quickly" to restore electricity supply to 38 customers after the incident.
A spokesperson said: "Power was temporarily switched off for safety reasons with 36 customers restored at 9.09pm and the final two at 12.14am following repairs to the overhead cables."
- 1 In pictures: Successful return of Walden's Late Night Christmas Shopping
- 2 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in Saffron Walden
- 3 In pictures: The inaugural Santa Dash around Saffron Walden
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences at Stansted Airport
- 5 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 Walking Football launches in Walden
- 8 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 9 Essex buildings are lit up in green for awareness campaign
- 10 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3