Tanker overturns spilling diesel onto the B184 Walden Road
- Credit: ECFRS - Saffron Walden Fire Station
A tanker toppled over near Little Chesterford yesterday (July 8), causing 2,000 litres to begin leaking over the road.
The tanker fell onto its side at around 2.45pm at the B184 (Walden Road) roundabout with Little Chesterford High Street, near the Chesterford Research Park.
A spokesperson for Essex Police said nobody was injured in the incident.
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service (ECFRS) and the East of England Ambulance service attended the incident.
A spokesperson for ECFRS said: "Firefighters were called to a road traffic collision near High Street, Little Chesterford at 2.45pm on July 8.
You may also want to watch:
"On arrival, crews reported that a tanker had overturned but nobody was trapped.
"Approximately 2,000 litres of diesel was leaking from the tanker and crews worked to clean the spillage and make the scene safe by 5:10pm."
- 1 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 2 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 3 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 4 Delight as triathlon returns to Saffron Walden for 20th edition
- 5 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
- 6 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 7 Mencap 'thank you' for Dig It community allotment
- 8 Strong start for Saffron Walden as competitive rugby returns with a bang.
- 9 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 10 New cup and pavilion are dedicated to memory of Colin Bazley
An earlier version of this article said the tanker was an "oil tanker". This is incorrect and has been changed.