Train disruption between Stansted Airport and London every weekend in January due to improvement works
- Credit: Archant
Train passengers travelling between Stansted Airport and London at weekends in January are being urged to check before setting off on their journey with new track installation work by Network Rail causing disruption to services.
From the weekend of January 9/10, engineers will be working between Stansted Mountfitchet and Broxbourne to renew more than 1.3km of track, and six sets of points. The work will take place every weekend in January, finishing on January 30/31.
Abellio Greater Anglia will run a bus service for passengers, including a direct bus service from London Liverpool Street to Stansted Airport as this upgrade takes place.
Network Rail route managing director, Richard Schofield, said: “To keep trains running reliably we have to continue with our Railway Upgrade Plan to modernise the track and other equipment. While we mostly work at night, some upgrades like this one can only be carried out over a longer period of time.
“I’d like to thank passengers in advance for bearing with us over these weekends as it will mean some changes to their travel plans.”
You may also want to watch:
Jamie Burles, managing director of Abellio Greater Anglia, said: “We will be doing all we can to provide passengers with the best possible alternative service. Extra staff will be available to assist and passengers are advised to check their journey details in advance.
“We’re grateful for the cooperation and patience of our customers for the duration of these improvement works.”
- 1 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 2 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 3 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 4 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 5 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 6 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 7 Thaxted - Carver Scout Group visit an Apache helicopter
- 8 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 9 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 10 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches