Train operator seeks customer views on bus services to Audley End station
- Credit: Archant
TRAIN operator Greater Anglia will be carrying out surveys of people in the next fortnight to ask their views on bus links between Saffron Walden and Audley End station.
One of Greater Anglia’s franchise obligations is to work with local partners to improve the connections between the town and its West Anglia route services.
Discussions with bus operators, authorities and public transport user representatives have identified a number of options, including revisions to routes, timetables, and the introduction of combined bus and rail tickets, on which customer views are now being sought.
Greater Anglia’s partnerships manager Geraint Hughes said: “Our aim for this project is to put Saffron Walden back on the rail map, and to work with local bus operators to make travel by bus to the station an attractive proposition.
“This piece of market research is essential to ensure that the final details of the proposals provide what our customers need, and also give more people the opportunity of completing their whole journey to or from the town by public transport.
You may also want to watch:
“We encourage anyone who is approached by our survey team to spare a few minutes to help with this important piece of work.”
Surveys will be carried out at Audley End station, on board local buses to the station and in the town centre, commencing on Monday January 28.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Walden documentary maker inspires students with astronomy animation
- 3 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 4 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 Juniors the toast of Saffron Walden Golf Club after double championship success
- 7 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 8 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 9 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 10 5 of the best wedding venues in Essex
Greater Anglia hopes to finalise its proposals in March, and to implement the improved services in the spring.