Train service plan announced during National Express East Anglia rail strike
NATIONAL Express East Anglia (NXEA) is operating as many services as possible during the strike today and tomorrow (August 13 and 14. A limited train service will run on the following routes: An hourly service between Stansted Airport and London Liverpoo
NATIONAL Express East Anglia (NXEA) is operating as many services as possible during the strike today and tomorrow (August 13 and 14.
A limited train service will run on the following routes:
* An hourly service between Stansted Airport and London Liverpool Street
* An hourly service between Southend Victoria and London Liverpool Street
You may also want to watch:
* An hourly service between Colchester and London Liverpool Street
* A peak time service between Norwich and London Liverpool Street
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 3 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 4 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 6 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 7 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 8 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Essex filmmaker's animated journey through the universe to be shown at Saffron Screen
- 10 Enjoy an August Bank Holiday day out at contemporary craft and design fair coming to RHS Garden Hyde Hall
NXEA also plan to run:
* A small number of off-peak services between Norwich and Colchester, with connections to/from London.
* A limited service between Broxbourne and London Liverpool Street
* A limited bus service will operate between Colchester and Clacton.
* A morning and evening peak train (in each direction) between Cambridge and Liverpool Street.
Full details of the alternative timetable are provided on the NXEA website. These services will operate to the maximum number of carriages. However, it is likely they will be extremely busy and people are strongly recommended to spread their journey times wherever possible.
Other alternative travel options for NXEA customers include:
From parts of the Greater London area: London Underground or TfL bus services
From parts of Essex: c2c services from Southend to London Fenchurch Street
From parts of Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire: First Capital Connect services from King's Lynn and Cambridge to London King's Cross
From parts of Norfolk: a combination of East Midlands Trains and First Capital Connect services from Norwich to Ely then on to London King's Cross
More details of alternative journey options will be available on the National Rail Enquiries website at www.nationalrail.co.uk. NXEA will provide further updates on their website at: www.nationalexpresseastanglia.com
NXEA customers will be entitled to a refund for the effected day's travel.