Train service plan announced during National Express East Anglia rail strike
NATIONAL Express East Anglia (NXEA) is operating as many services as possible during the strike today and tomorrow (August 13 and 14. A limited train service will run on the following routes: An hourly service between Stansted Airport and London Liverpoo
NATIONAL Express East Anglia (NXEA) is operating as many services as possible during the strike today and tomorrow (August 13 and 14.
A limited train service will run on the following routes:
* An hourly service between Stansted Airport and London Liverpool Street
* An hourly service between Southend Victoria and London Liverpool Street
You may also want to watch:
* An hourly service between Colchester and London Liverpool Street
* A peak time service between Norwich and London Liverpool Street
- 1 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 2 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 3 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 4 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 5 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 6 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 7 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 8 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 9 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 10 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
NXEA also plan to run:
* A small number of off-peak services between Norwich and Colchester, with connections to/from London.
* A limited service between Broxbourne and London Liverpool Street
* A limited bus service will operate between Colchester and Clacton.
* A morning and evening peak train (in each direction) between Cambridge and Liverpool Street.
Full details of the alternative timetable are provided on the NXEA website. These services will operate to the maximum number of carriages. However, it is likely they will be extremely busy and people are strongly recommended to spread their journey times wherever possible.
Other alternative travel options for NXEA customers include:
From parts of the Greater London area: London Underground or TfL bus services
From parts of Essex: c2c services from Southend to London Fenchurch Street
From parts of Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire: First Capital Connect services from King's Lynn and Cambridge to London King's Cross
From parts of Norfolk: a combination of East Midlands Trains and First Capital Connect services from Norwich to Ely then on to London King's Cross
More details of alternative journey options will be available on the National Rail Enquiries website at www.nationalrail.co.uk. NXEA will provide further updates on their website at: www.nationalexpresseastanglia.com
NXEA customers will be entitled to a refund for the effected day's travel.