Disruptive passenger caused chaos to trains
- Credit: Greater Anglia
A disruptive passenger who blocked train doors caused peak-time chaos at Stansted Mountfitchet yesterday (Tuesday, April 27).
The passenger was on the 6.58am train from London Liverpool Street to Cambridge. Their actions caused the train to terminate early at Stansted by 7.52am.
Passengers waiting for London-bound trains reported that pupils from Joyce Frankland Academy, Newport and Saffron Walden County High School were left waiting due to the disruption.
Northbound trains were disrupted for approximately one hour, leaving some Stansted Airport services cancelled until 10.08am.
A spokesperson for Greater Anglia said: “Obstructing the doors causes unnecessary delays to passengers as safety checks needs to be made before the train can continue.
You may also want to watch:
“Anyone who witnesses this behaviour on our trains should contact a member of rail staff or the British Transport Police immediately.”
They added: "Any customers who were affected can claim delay repay compensation via our website."
The delay repay form is online: https://www.greateranglia.co.uk/about-us/our-performance/delay-repay.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Students share their views on school curriculum
- 3 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 4 Operation Trespass will highlight drugs gangs cuckooing efforts
- 5 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 6 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 7 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 8 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 9 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 10 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer