Travel advice for passengers jetting away this Easter from London Stansted
STANSTED Airport is gearing up for a busy Easter with over 200,000 passengers expected to jet away through the terminal across the Easter weekend.
With more than 150 destinations on Stansted’s doorstep, passengers will be hopping away on city breaks, catching the first rays of summer sun or simply spending time with friends and family.
Stansted Airport is encouraging passengers to help themselves by preparing to fly before they leave the house as part of its advice to ‘Check, Pack & Go’:
• Check airline weight and size limits for hand and checked-in luggage and check-in online if you can
• Pack liquids, gels and pastes in hand luggage into a clear re-sealable plastic bag (no bigger than 20cm x 20cm), making sure no container is bigger than 100ml (one bag per person)
• Go to the airport so you’re there two hours before the flight and get to the gate 40 mins before departure
Operations director Martin Lyall said: “Passengers that come to the airport correctly prepared for check-in and security processes have a much smoother journey through the airport, and our ‘Check, Pack and Go’ advice is there to help passengers focus on things they should do before leaving home.
- 1 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 2 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 3 Will there be a White Christmas in Essex this year?
- 4 Stansted Airport calls for residents' views on solar transformation plan
- 5 Walden has late night shopping and musicians
- 6 Saffron Walden a contender in Britain's Favourite Market vote
- 7 Students bring cheer to senior citizens through Christmas Buddy Scheme
- 8 Person has died on railway tracks near Newport, say police
- 9 Police arrest nearly 100 M11 and M25 environmental protestors
- 10 IWM Duxford exhibition to display largest collection of Spitfires under one roof
“Rules on liquids in hand luggage have been in place since 2006 but some passengers still come unprepared, spending what should be valuable time relaxing before their flight, getting ready for security checks and delaying people behind them in the queue.
“So, our advice to passengers is ‘Check, Pack and Go’ and I hope they have a fantastic holiday to whichever of the many destinations served on our route network.
“We urge passengers to heed our advice, especially as we enter a very busy period with three long bank holiday weekends fast approaching.”
For the most up to date security advice visit stanstedaiport.com/security.
If you’re undecided where to hop away this Easter, visit stanstedairport.com/destinations for a full list Stansted’s connections.