Travel advice for passengers jetting away this Easter from London Stansted
STANSTED Airport is gearing up for a busy Easter with over 200,000 passengers expected to jet away through the terminal across the Easter weekend.
With more than 150 destinations on Stansted’s doorstep, passengers will be hopping away on city breaks, catching the first rays of summer sun or simply spending time with friends and family.
Stansted Airport is encouraging passengers to help themselves by preparing to fly before they leave the house as part of its advice to ‘Check, Pack & Go’:
• Check airline weight and size limits for hand and checked-in luggage and check-in online if you can
• Pack liquids, gels and pastes in hand luggage into a clear re-sealable plastic bag (no bigger than 20cm x 20cm), making sure no container is bigger than 100ml (one bag per person)
• Go to the airport so you’re there two hours before the flight and get to the gate 40 mins before departure
Operations director Martin Lyall said: “Passengers that come to the airport correctly prepared for check-in and security processes have a much smoother journey through the airport, and our ‘Check, Pack and Go’ advice is there to help passengers focus on things they should do before leaving home.
- 1 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 2 Obituary: On-call firefighter dedicated life to community
- 3 4 inspirational women are celebrated in Newport
- 4 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 5 Saffron Walden seal first win of EAPL season at Frinton
- 6 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 7 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 8 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 9 SWCC girls U13 come close to victory
- 10 Silent auction, live music, collection: Ukraine support
“Rules on liquids in hand luggage have been in place since 2006 but some passengers still come unprepared, spending what should be valuable time relaxing before their flight, getting ready for security checks and delaying people behind them in the queue.
“So, our advice to passengers is ‘Check, Pack and Go’ and I hope they have a fantastic holiday to whichever of the many destinations served on our route network.
“We urge passengers to heed our advice, especially as we enter a very busy period with three long bank holiday weekends fast approaching.”
For the most up to date security advice visit stanstedaiport.com/security.
If you’re undecided where to hop away this Easter, visit stanstedairport.com/destinations for a full list Stansted’s connections.