Travel advice for passengers jetting away this Easter from London Stansted
STANSTED Airport is gearing up for a busy Easter with over 200,000 passengers expected to jet away through the terminal across the Easter weekend.
With more than 150 destinations on Stansted’s doorstep, passengers will be hopping away on city breaks, catching the first rays of summer sun or simply spending time with friends and family.
Stansted Airport is encouraging passengers to help themselves by preparing to fly before they leave the house as part of its advice to ‘Check, Pack & Go’:
• Check airline weight and size limits for hand and checked-in luggage and check-in online if you can
• Pack liquids, gels and pastes in hand luggage into a clear re-sealable plastic bag (no bigger than 20cm x 20cm), making sure no container is bigger than 100ml (one bag per person)
You may also want to watch:
• Go to the airport so you’re there two hours before the flight and get to the gate 40 mins before departure
Operations director Martin Lyall said: “Passengers that come to the airport correctly prepared for check-in and security processes have a much smoother journey through the airport, and our ‘Check, Pack and Go’ advice is there to help passengers focus on things they should do before leaving home.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 6 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 9 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 10 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
“Rules on liquids in hand luggage have been in place since 2006 but some passengers still come unprepared, spending what should be valuable time relaxing before their flight, getting ready for security checks and delaying people behind them in the queue.
“So, our advice to passengers is ‘Check, Pack and Go’ and I hope they have a fantastic holiday to whichever of the many destinations served on our route network.
“We urge passengers to heed our advice, especially as we enter a very busy period with three long bank holiday weekends fast approaching.”
For the most up to date security advice visit stanstedaiport.com/security.
If you’re undecided where to hop away this Easter, visit stanstedairport.com/destinations for a full list Stansted’s connections.