Travel advice for passengers jetting away this Easter from London Stansted
STANSTED Airport is gearing up for a busy Easter with over 200,000 passengers expected to jet away through the terminal across the Easter weekend.
With more than 150 destinations on Stansted’s doorstep, passengers will be hopping away on city breaks, catching the first rays of summer sun or simply spending time with friends and family.
Stansted Airport is encouraging passengers to help themselves by preparing to fly before they leave the house as part of its advice to ‘Check, Pack & Go’:
• Check airline weight and size limits for hand and checked-in luggage and check-in online if you can
• Pack liquids, gels and pastes in hand luggage into a clear re-sealable plastic bag (no bigger than 20cm x 20cm), making sure no container is bigger than 100ml (one bag per person)
You may also want to watch:
• Go to the airport so you’re there two hours before the flight and get to the gate 40 mins before departure
Operations director Martin Lyall said: “Passengers that come to the airport correctly prepared for check-in and security processes have a much smoother journey through the airport, and our ‘Check, Pack and Go’ advice is there to help passengers focus on things they should do before leaving home.
- 1 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 2 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 3 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 4 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 5 Town council backs new support club
- 6 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 7 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 8 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 9 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 10 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
“Rules on liquids in hand luggage have been in place since 2006 but some passengers still come unprepared, spending what should be valuable time relaxing before their flight, getting ready for security checks and delaying people behind them in the queue.
“So, our advice to passengers is ‘Check, Pack and Go’ and I hope they have a fantastic holiday to whichever of the many destinations served on our route network.
“We urge passengers to heed our advice, especially as we enter a very busy period with three long bank holiday weekends fast approaching.”
For the most up to date security advice visit stanstedaiport.com/security.
If you’re undecided where to hop away this Easter, visit stanstedairport.com/destinations for a full list Stansted’s connections.