Travel: Icelandic connections return to Stansted
ICELAND is back on the route map at London Stansted following the launch of Wow Air and Iceland Express flight operations to the capital Reykjavik this week.
The North Atlantic island is a world renowned tourist destination, famous for its erupting Geysers, towering glaciers, whale watching, geothermal Blue Lagoon and more recently its geologically active volcano.
“We’re delighted Iceland Express has returned to Stansted and welcome Wow Air onto our network,” said Stansted’s airline, route and marketing manager Paul Haynes.
“Iceland has always been a popular destination and these new services are not only great news for Iceland’s tourist industry but will be a boost for Icelanders looking for convenient connections to London and wider East of England for both business and leisure travel.
“With afternoon and evening departures the services offer flexibility to passengers and we wish both airlines every success with their new Stansted connections.”
You may also want to watch:
To book your Stansted departure to Iceland visit wowair.com or icelandexpress.com and for further information on all there is to see and do visiticeland.com.
- 1 Free vegetarian meal service launched
- 2 Contractors arrive for £1.25m sports facility works
- 3 Gordon's 'fiver for a jab' fundraiser for NHS
- 4 Greens and Lib Dems disassociate themselves from investment decision
- 5 Essex county council deputy says he will stand for top job
- 6 Fun for virtual World Book Day 2021
- 7 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
- 8 Try this: MasterChef winner Chef Webb's recipe for roasted chicken supreme
- 9 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 10 District council is not investing in arms trade, say councillors