Travel: Icelandic connections return to Stansted
ICELAND is back on the route map at London Stansted following the launch of Wow Air and Iceland Express flight operations to the capital Reykjavik this week.
The North Atlantic island is a world renowned tourist destination, famous for its erupting Geysers, towering glaciers, whale watching, geothermal Blue Lagoon and more recently its geologically active volcano.
“We’re delighted Iceland Express has returned to Stansted and welcome Wow Air onto our network,” said Stansted’s airline, route and marketing manager Paul Haynes.
“Iceland has always been a popular destination and these new services are not only great news for Iceland’s tourist industry but will be a boost for Icelanders looking for convenient connections to London and wider East of England for both business and leisure travel.
“With afternoon and evening departures the services offer flexibility to passengers and we wish both airlines every success with their new Stansted connections.”
You may also want to watch:
To book your Stansted departure to Iceland visit wowair.com or icelandexpress.com and for further information on all there is to see and do visiticeland.com.
- 1 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on June 24, 2021
- 2 In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- 3 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 4 Two teachers smash fundraising target in charity cycle challenge
- 5 Time to teach 'pandemic puppies' new tricks, charity says
- 6 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 7 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 8 When Covid-19 restrictions lift, will we ever shake hands again?
- 9 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 10 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled