Trees blown down in Saffron Walden following overnight storm
- Credit: Archant
Trees have blown down in residential streets following strong winds across Uttlesford last night (Friday).
One tree fell in South Road, Saffron Walden, close to RA Butler Academy, blocking the road off to traffic.
Another came down to block the road between Radwinter and Wimbish Green.
Essex Highways were out throughout the night dealing with the effects of the storm.
The authority also suspended its part-night lighting scheme across Essex last night to support the emergency services and Essex Highway’s own maintenance crews as they deal with flooding, fallen trees and debris.
You may also want to watch:
Essex County Fire & Rescue Service’s control centre received 100 calls since 8pm last night (February, 14) to incidents involving the high winds.
The calls ranged from trees fallen in the roads, power cables arcing that have come down, a crane in a precarious position and roofs blowing off of properties.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 3 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 4 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 5 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 6 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 7 BID hears that shopping locally in Covid pandemic has helped Walden
- 8 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 10 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
• If you know of other parts of Uttlesford that have been affected by the storms, or have any pictures, e-mail us at email@example.com or Tweet us using the handle @swreporter24