Trees blown down in Saffron Walden following overnight storm
- Credit: Archant
Trees have blown down in residential streets following strong winds across Uttlesford last night (Friday).
One tree fell in South Road, Saffron Walden, close to RA Butler Academy, blocking the road off to traffic.
Another came down to block the road between Radwinter and Wimbish Green.
Essex Highways were out throughout the night dealing with the effects of the storm.
The authority also suspended its part-night lighting scheme across Essex last night to support the emergency services and Essex Highway’s own maintenance crews as they deal with flooding, fallen trees and debris.
You may also want to watch:
Essex County Fire & Rescue Service’s control centre received 100 calls since 8pm last night (February, 14) to incidents involving the high winds.
The calls ranged from trees fallen in the roads, power cables arcing that have come down, a crane in a precarious position and roofs blowing off of properties.
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 Saffron Walden Town through in FA Vase after dramatic ending
- 3 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table
- 8 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
• If you know of other parts of Uttlesford that have been affected by the storms, or have any pictures, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tweet us using the handle @swreporter24