Tributes paid to motorcyclist, 23, who died in A505 collision
- Credit: Archant
A 23-year-old man who died in a collision on the A505 near Fowlmere has been identified by police.
Paul Wood died when the Kawasaki motorbike he was riding was involved in a collision with a green Land Rover at about 7am on Friday.
Officers and paramedics attended the scene, but Mr Wood, from Duxford, was pronounced dead at the scene.
A 51-year-old man from Romford has been arrested on suspicion causing death by careless or inconsiderate driving, failing to stop at the scene of a collision, causing death whilst disqualified and causing death whilst uninsured. He has been released on bail and an investigation is ongoing.
In a statement Mr Wood's family said: "As a family we are absolutely devastated beyond words. We've lost a loving, caring young man who meant the world to us all.
You may also want to watch:
"Our lives will never be the same without Paul. He was a charming, fun loving boy who always thought about others. He loved to go on bike rides with his friends and would spend every moment on his bike that he could. His friends are all heartbroken. Paul is loved and missed by so many."
Anyone who saw the collision or has dashcam footage is asked to call police on 101 quoting incident 64 of 24 May.
- 1 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 2 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 3 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 4 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 5 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 6 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 7 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 8 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 9 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 10 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'