Tributes paid to motorcyclist, 23, who died in A505 collision
- Credit: Archant
A 23-year-old man who died in a collision on the A505 near Fowlmere has been identified by police.
Paul Wood died when the Kawasaki motorbike he was riding was involved in a collision with a green Land Rover at about 7am on Friday.
Officers and paramedics attended the scene, but Mr Wood, from Duxford, was pronounced dead at the scene.
A 51-year-old man from Romford has been arrested on suspicion causing death by careless or inconsiderate driving, failing to stop at the scene of a collision, causing death whilst disqualified and causing death whilst uninsured. He has been released on bail and an investigation is ongoing.
In a statement Mr Wood's family said: "As a family we are absolutely devastated beyond words. We've lost a loving, caring young man who meant the world to us all.
You may also want to watch:
"Our lives will never be the same without Paul. He was a charming, fun loving boy who always thought about others. He loved to go on bike rides with his friends and would spend every moment on his bike that he could. His friends are all heartbroken. Paul is loved and missed by so many."
Anyone who saw the collision or has dashcam footage is asked to call police on 101 quoting incident 64 of 24 May.
- 1 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 2 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 3 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 4 New Walden mayor announces his charities for the year
- 5 Old pirate ship climbing frame is removed for safety
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 8 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 9 Wiseman dynasty gets new star as 15-year-old Max hits first senior ton
- 10 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event