Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- Credit: Uttlesford District Council
Councillors have paid tribute to a kind-hearted council officer by standing for a minute's silence in her honour.
Sarah Oxley worked in Uttlesford District Council's benefits service for more than 20 years. She died on September 8.
At a full council meeting on October 5, councillors stood in silence to remember Sarah's long service to Uttlesford and its residents.
Council chair Arthur Coote praised her at the meeting and told councillors Sarah would not be forgotten at the London Road offices.
He said: "Before we begin, I would like to say a few words to commemorate Sarah Oxley, a longstanding council officer.
"She was a much valued friend and colleague, not just to benefit staff but to many across the council.
"Her kind heart, infectious laugh, huge smile and quirky sense of humour is a huge loss to us all.
- 1 Celebrity MasterChef 2022: Saffron Walden's Cliff Parisi battles Chris Eubank in kitchen contest
- 2 IN PICTURES: Sir Tom Jones' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 3 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 4 Dance in the Square heading to Saffron Walden
- 5 IN PICTURES: The Bootleg Beatles play The Fab Four's hits at Heritage Live concert at Audley End House and Gardens
- 6 IN PICTURES: Elbow's Heritage Live headline concert at Audley End House and Gardens
- 7 Saffron Walden PSG bid sad farewell to long-term coach
- 8 IN PICTURES: Simple Minds kick off this year's Heritage Live concerts at Audley End House & Gardens
- 9 New environmental services depot opens in Little Canfield
- 10 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
"She will be very sadly missed, but never forgotten."