True colours shine through in our Easter drawing competition
EASTER-THEME pictures galore – we asked for entries into our Easter-themed drawing competition, sponsored by Paxtons and The Sweet Shop, and we sure got them!
The competition was open for less than two weeks but drew more than two-dozen entries … and the quality was outstanding.
Entries were judged independently and, in a tight contest, Sabrina Bergin took first prize. The 10-year-old Saffron Walden youngster wins a ‘sweetie tree’ worth �20 from The Sweet Shop. Well done!
Second prize went to Abigail William Powlett, 9, who wins a �10 sweetie tree, and Patrick Bergin, 4, wins the �5 jar of sweets as third prize.
As an added bonus, The Sweet Shop is kindly giving a chocolate animal to each and every one of our entrants! Pop into the shop on George Street to pick up yours.
You may also want to watch:
Well done to all our budding young artists!
- 1 Free vegetarian meal service launched
- 2 Contractors arrive for £1.25m sports facility works
- 3 Gordon's 'fiver for a jab' fundraiser for NHS
- 4 Greens and Lib Dems disassociate themselves from investment decision
- 5 Fun for virtual World Book Day 2021
- 6 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
- 7 Essex county council deputy says he will stand for top job
- 8 Try this: MasterChef winner Chef Webb's recipe for roasted chicken supreme
- 9 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 10 District council is not investing in arms trade, say councillors