Turkish delight at World Airport Awards
STANSTED Airport carrier Turkish Airlines has been named as the Best Airline in Europe at the prestigious World Airline Awards 2011.
The airline, which only launched flights from the Essex hub in 2006, has been also named as the winner of two other categories, Best Premium Economy Seats and Best Airline Southern Europe” by Skytrax.
Skytrax is a world recognised brand associated with air travel excellence in the 21st century, and provides unique expertise to the industry through professional audit and service benchmarking programs of product and service quality.
During a 10-month survey period, 18.8 million airline customers from over 100 different nationalities participated in this customer satisfaction survey.
The award ceremony took place in Paris and the award was handed over to Turkish Airlines’ general manager Temel Kotil by the chief executive of Skytrax, Edward Plaisted.
You may also want to watch:
The airline was established in 1933 with a fleet of only five airplane, but has grown into a four-star airline with a fleet of 169 aircraft flying to 180 destinations around the world. See turkishairlines.com for more information.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 3 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 4 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 5 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 6 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 7 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 8 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 9 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 10 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country