TV Gardener from BBC’s The One Show supports St Clare Hospice raffle
- Credit: Archant
GARDENING expert Christine Walkden is lending her support to the blooming marvellous St Clare Hospice Spring Raffle.
Mrs Walkden is urging local people to dig deep for the local hospice by buying tickets for the draw, which has a top prize of £2,000.
The resident gardener on BBC’s The One Show said: “What would I do with £2,000? I’d probably give it to a friend who needs it more than me – I’m quite content with what I’ve got but it could make a real difference to someone!”
Mrs Walkden will draw the winning ticket on March 28 at the hospice in Hastingwood.
Tickets for the Spring Raffle cost £1 each and can be bought from the hospice’s shop’s on Dunmow’s High Street, or Mercer Street in Saffron Walden.
You may also want to watch:
The hospice also has stores in Harlow, Debden, Epping, Buckhurst Hill and Bishop’s Stortford. If you would like books of raffle tickets to be sent to you, call the fundraising team on 01279 773750.
The raffle closes on March 22.
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 3 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 10 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out