TV Gardener from BBC’s The One Show supports St Clare Hospice raffle
- Credit: Archant
GARDENING expert Christine Walkden is lending her support to the blooming marvellous St Clare Hospice Spring Raffle.
Mrs Walkden is urging local people to dig deep for the local hospice by buying tickets for the draw, which has a top prize of £2,000.
The resident gardener on BBC’s The One Show said: “What would I do with £2,000? I’d probably give it to a friend who needs it more than me – I’m quite content with what I’ve got but it could make a real difference to someone!”
Mrs Walkden will draw the winning ticket on March 28 at the hospice in Hastingwood.
Tickets for the Spring Raffle cost £1 each and can be bought from the hospice’s shop’s on Dunmow’s High Street, or Mercer Street in Saffron Walden.
You may also want to watch:
The hospice also has stores in Harlow, Debden, Epping, Buckhurst Hill and Bishop’s Stortford. If you would like books of raffle tickets to be sent to you, call the fundraising team on 01279 773750.
The raffle closes on March 22.
- 1 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 2 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 3 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 4 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 5 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 6 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 7 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 8 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 9 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 10 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire