TV Gardener from BBC’s The One Show supports St Clare Hospice raffle
- Credit: Archant
GARDENING expert Christine Walkden is lending her support to the blooming marvellous St Clare Hospice Spring Raffle.
Mrs Walkden is urging local people to dig deep for the local hospice by buying tickets for the draw, which has a top prize of £2,000.
The resident gardener on BBC’s The One Show said: “What would I do with £2,000? I’d probably give it to a friend who needs it more than me – I’m quite content with what I’ve got but it could make a real difference to someone!”
Mrs Walkden will draw the winning ticket on March 28 at the hospice in Hastingwood.
Tickets for the Spring Raffle cost £1 each and can be bought from the hospice’s shop’s on Dunmow’s High Street, or Mercer Street in Saffron Walden.
You may also want to watch:
The hospice also has stores in Harlow, Debden, Epping, Buckhurst Hill and Bishop’s Stortford. If you would like books of raffle tickets to be sent to you, call the fundraising team on 01279 773750.
The raffle closes on March 22.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Students share their views on school curriculum
- 3 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 4 Operation Trespass will highlight drugs gangs cuckooing efforts
- 5 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 6 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 7 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 10 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event