TV Gardener from BBC’s The One Show supports St Clare Hospice raffle
- Credit: Archant
GARDENING expert Christine Walkden is lending her support to the blooming marvellous St Clare Hospice Spring Raffle.
Mrs Walkden is urging local people to dig deep for the local hospice by buying tickets for the draw, which has a top prize of £2,000.
The resident gardener on BBC’s The One Show said: “What would I do with £2,000? I’d probably give it to a friend who needs it more than me – I’m quite content with what I’ve got but it could make a real difference to someone!”
Mrs Walkden will draw the winning ticket on March 28 at the hospice in Hastingwood.
Tickets for the Spring Raffle cost £1 each and can be bought from the hospice’s shop’s on Dunmow’s High Street, or Mercer Street in Saffron Walden.
You may also want to watch:
The hospice also has stores in Harlow, Debden, Epping, Buckhurst Hill and Bishop’s Stortford. If you would like books of raffle tickets to be sent to you, call the fundraising team on 01279 773750.
The raffle closes on March 22.
- 1 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 2 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 3 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 4 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 5 'Pup Idol' comes to Saffron Walden as search for Wizard of Oz pooch Toto begins
- 6 NCTJ staff raise more than £7,000 for journalism bursary
- 7 Saffron Striders hit the Cambridge Half Marathon en masse
- 8 Juniors the toast of Saffron Walden Golf Club after double championship success
- 9 There With You This Winter: Walden Mayor backs our campaign
- 10 Q&A: Elsenham WI President Moyra Jackson