TV legend Michael Aspel to star at Sworders Fine Art Auctioneers’ charity golf day in Saffron Walden
TELEVISION veteran Michael Aspel and Antiques Roadshow star John Foster will be putting their hosting skills to good use and raising money for hospice services in North Essex.
Sworders Fine Art Auctioneers, based in Stansted Mountfitchet, is hosting a charity golf day at Saffron Walden Golf Club on Thursday July 7 to raise funds for EACH (East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices) and Isabel Hospice (caring for patients and families in east Hertfordshire).
Sworders, who are great supporters of the hospice movement, are hosting the charity day, set in the picturesque parkland course which is deceptively challenging.
Mr Aspel will be prize giving whilst the charity auction, which has some stunning prizes, will be conducted by Guy Schooling of Sworders.
EACH north Essex partnerships manager Jo Colbert said: “We’re delighted that Sworders are hosting the charity golf day which will benefit EACH.
“We rely upon voluntary donations to deliver the majority of our care and support to life-threatened children in the region - which is why events such as this are so important to us.
“It is a guaranteed great day out, with top-quality golf, refreshments, company and auction prizes plus the opportunity to meet Michael Aspel and John Foster.
- 1 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
- 2 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 3 Post Office: change of location in Newport
- 4 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 5 Man in court over alleged 'fox-killing' during Puckeridge Hunt
- 6 Solar farm application decision is deferred
- 7 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 8 School activities and sports in pictures
- 9 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 10 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
“We would encourage teams to sign up quickly to avoid disappointment on what promises to be an unforgettable day.”
Saffron Walden Golf Club is set in picturesque surroundings with views of the town and the estate of Audley End. Bacon baguettes will be available on arrival for a 9am start, with lunch at 4pm followed by prize giving by Mr Aspel and a charity auction.
Entry fee is �400 for a team of four. Sponsorship packages available. Sponsor a hole for �100.
Application forms and enquiries to Barbara Doherty (Isabel Hospice) phone 01279842140 or e-mail email@example.com