TV legend Michael Aspel to star at Sworders Fine Art Auctioneers’ charity golf day in Saffron Walden
TELEVISION veteran Michael Aspel and Antiques Roadshow star John Foster will be putting their hosting skills to good use and raising money for hospice services in North Essex.
Sworders Fine Art Auctioneers, based in Stansted Mountfitchet, is hosting a charity golf day at Saffron Walden Golf Club on Thursday July 7 to raise funds for EACH (East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices) and Isabel Hospice (caring for patients and families in east Hertfordshire).
Sworders, who are great supporters of the hospice movement, are hosting the charity day, set in the picturesque parkland course which is deceptively challenging.
Mr Aspel will be prize giving whilst the charity auction, which has some stunning prizes, will be conducted by Guy Schooling of Sworders.
EACH north Essex partnerships manager Jo Colbert said: “We’re delighted that Sworders are hosting the charity golf day which will benefit EACH.
You may also want to watch:
“We rely upon voluntary donations to deliver the majority of our care and support to life-threatened children in the region - which is why events such as this are so important to us.
“It is a guaranteed great day out, with top-quality golf, refreshments, company and auction prizes plus the opportunity to meet Michael Aspel and John Foster.
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 9 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 10 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
“We would encourage teams to sign up quickly to avoid disappointment on what promises to be an unforgettable day.”
Saffron Walden Golf Club is set in picturesque surroundings with views of the town and the estate of Audley End. Bacon baguettes will be available on arrival for a 9am start, with lunch at 4pm followed by prize giving by Mr Aspel and a charity auction.
Entry fee is �400 for a team of four. Sponsorship packages available. Sponsor a hole for �100.
Application forms and enquiries to Barbara Doherty (Isabel Hospice) phone 01279842140 or e-mail email@example.com