Two days of fun at Saffron Walden Museum this half term
TWO days of creative fun will have youngsters flocking to Saffron Walden Museum this half-term. As the popular Henry Moore: Sheep exhibition nears the end of its run, a two-day activity session for children has been planned to provide a fitting sen
TWO days of creative fun will have youngsters flocking to Saffron Walden Museum this half-term.
As the popular Henry Moore: Sheep exhibition nears the end of its run, a two-day activity session for children has been planned to provide a fitting send-off.
Children of any age are invited to come down to the museum with an adult on Wednesday and Thursday 17 and 18 February.
No booking is required - youngsters just need to turn up between 11am and 1pm or 2pm and 4pm, and be prepared to get their hands dirty as they create sheep-related works of art.
You may also want to watch:
Clay, charcoal and chalk will all be used to great effect as lambs and sheep are drawn, crafted and moulded into being during the workshops.
Due to the messy nature of the activities, children should come in old clothes. Usual entrance fees apply: �1.50 for adults, 75p for discounts and free for children, all of whom must be accompanied by an adult.
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 5 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 6 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 9 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 10 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
To find out more call Saffron Walden Museum on 01799 510333.