Two days of fun at Saffron Walden Museum this half term
TWO days of creative fun will have youngsters flocking to Saffron Walden Museum this half-term. As the popular Henry Moore: Sheep exhibition nears the end of its run, a two-day activity session for children has been planned to provide a fitting sen
TWO days of creative fun will have youngsters flocking to Saffron Walden Museum this half-term.
As the popular Henry Moore: Sheep exhibition nears the end of its run, a two-day activity session for children has been planned to provide a fitting send-off.
Children of any age are invited to come down to the museum with an adult on Wednesday and Thursday 17 and 18 February.
No booking is required - youngsters just need to turn up between 11am and 1pm or 2pm and 4pm, and be prepared to get their hands dirty as they create sheep-related works of art.
Clay, charcoal and chalk will all be used to great effect as lambs and sheep are drawn, crafted and moulded into being during the workshops.
Due to the messy nature of the activities, children should come in old clothes. Usual entrance fees apply: �1.50 for adults, 75p for discounts and free for children, all of whom must be accompanied by an adult.
- 1 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 2 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 3 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 4 Thaxted businesses meet Kemi Badenoch MP to talk about Small Business Saturday
- 5 Fire safety measures approved for Harlow council homes
- 6 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 7 Stansted's Mountfitchet House has 'bush tucker trials'
- 8 Linton has festive fun lined up at annual Christmas market
- 9 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 10 Q&A: Alan Hawkes of Rotary in Saffron Walden
To find out more call Saffron Walden Museum on 01799 510333.