Two-for-one offer on entry to Audley End this February
SPRING is on its way – and the first signs can be seen at Audley End where beautiful snowdrops are appearing throughout the grounds. Now is the perfect time to get outside and enjoy the array of thousands of Galanthus milk flowers , a name deriv
SPRING is on its way - and the first signs can be seen at Audley End where beautiful snowdrops are appearing throughout the grounds.
Now is the perfect time to get outside and enjoy the array of thousands of Galanthus 'milk flowers', a name derived from the Greek 'gala' for milk and 'anthos' for flower.
English Heritage is offering Reporter readers two-for-one entry to Audley End this February where they can enjoy the snowdrops as they take a long and leisurely stroll around the grounds.
Nature sets the scene as the snowdrops line the route from under the Cedar of Lebanon and meander up the Lime Tree Walk. Wander past the Ha Ha and onwards and upwards to the Temple of Concorde from where you can gaze upon wonderful views of the magnificent Jacobean house and across the 'Capability' Brown landscaped parkland.
You may also want to watch:
You could even take advantage of this wonderful offer on Valentine's Day. What could be more romantic than the sight of a carpet of bright white flowers as the spring air fills your lungs?
Complete your visit when you explore our fantastic Victorian Service Wing where the lit grange fire awaits you.
- 1 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 2 Town council welcomes Affinity Water U-turn as supplier announces surcharge
- 3 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 6 WaldenTRI come together to produce a strong showing at Bedford Team Relays
- 7 How one business is encouraging pet owners to go plastic free
- 8 Saffron Walden Town off to winning start with victory at Sawbridgeworth
- 9 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 10 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
Terms and conditions: This offer allows one person free entry to Audley End Service Wing and Gardens when accompanied by a full paying adult. The offer is valid for the weekends of Saturday and Sunday February 6 and 7, OR Saturday and Sunday February 13 and 14. Please print out this article and bring it with you when purchasing tickets.
Prices for Audley End Service Wing and Gardens: Adults �7.70/concessions �6.50/child �3.90 /family ticket �19.30. English Heritage members enter for free
Call 01799 522399 or visit www.english-heritage.org.uk/audleyend for more details.
Opening hours from February 1 to 14: Saturday to Sunday: 10am to 4pm, Service Wing and Gardens only.