Two-for-one offer on entry to Audley End this February
SPRING is on its way – and the first signs can be seen at Audley End where beautiful snowdrops are appearing throughout the grounds. Now is the perfect time to get outside and enjoy the array of thousands of Galanthus milk flowers , a name deriv
SPRING is on its way - and the first signs can be seen at Audley End where beautiful snowdrops are appearing throughout the grounds.
Now is the perfect time to get outside and enjoy the array of thousands of Galanthus 'milk flowers', a name derived from the Greek 'gala' for milk and 'anthos' for flower.
English Heritage is offering Reporter readers two-for-one entry to Audley End this February where they can enjoy the snowdrops as they take a long and leisurely stroll around the grounds.
Nature sets the scene as the snowdrops line the route from under the Cedar of Lebanon and meander up the Lime Tree Walk. Wander past the Ha Ha and onwards and upwards to the Temple of Concorde from where you can gaze upon wonderful views of the magnificent Jacobean house and across the 'Capability' Brown landscaped parkland.
You may also want to watch:
You could even take advantage of this wonderful offer on Valentine's Day. What could be more romantic than the sight of a carpet of bright white flowers as the spring air fills your lungs?
Complete your visit when you explore our fantastic Victorian Service Wing where the lit grange fire awaits you.
- 1 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Another planning application as previous rejection prepares for appeal
- 4 Villages around Saffron Walden covered in frost and snow
- 5 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 6 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 7 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 8 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 9 Saffron Walden artist designs George Orwell book covers
- 10 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
Terms and conditions: This offer allows one person free entry to Audley End Service Wing and Gardens when accompanied by a full paying adult. The offer is valid for the weekends of Saturday and Sunday February 6 and 7, OR Saturday and Sunday February 13 and 14. Please print out this article and bring it with you when purchasing tickets.
Prices for Audley End Service Wing and Gardens: Adults �7.70/concessions �6.50/child �3.90 /family ticket �19.30. English Heritage members enter for free
Call 01799 522399 or visit www.english-heritage.org.uk/audleyend for more details.
Opening hours from February 1 to 14: Saturday to Sunday: 10am to 4pm, Service Wing and Gardens only.