Two immigration offenders arrested in Saffron Walden
TWO visa overstayers from Pakistan have been arrested by the UK Border Agency after a raid in Saffron Walden this morning (January 16).
Acting on intelligence, officers from the Local Immigration Team for Essex and Hertfordshire visited a residential address in Cromwell Road at 6am.
Checks revealed that two Pakistani men living in the shared accommodation had failed to leave the UK when their permission to stay expired.
The 58-year-old and 25-year-old have both been taken into UK Border Agency detention while work to return them to Pakistan is carried out.
UK Border Agency officer Chris Evans said: “We have teams across the country carrying out raids like this on a daily basis. Offenders should know that there is no hiding place and that where we find people who are in the UK illegally we will seek to remove them.
You may also want to watch:
“I urge members of the public with information about suspected immigration abuse to get in touch.”
Anyone who has information on suspected immigration offenders can visitukba.homeoffice.gov.uk
- 1 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 2 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 5 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 Saffron Striders' Mark Coutts runs from Paddington to Bristol instead of letting the train take the strain
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays