Two men believed to have stolen flower pot and packet of ice from Saffron Walden Waitrose for ‘Ice Bucket Challenge’ craze
- Credit: Archant
A man tipped a bucket of cold water over his head while in a Saffron Walden supermarket and then left without paying for the items.
On Wednesday, August 27, a bottle of water, a packet of ice and a flower bucket were stolen from Waitrose, on Hill Street.
At around 7.45pm two men entered the store and one poured the bucket of freezing water over himself while the other recorded the ice bucket challenge. They left the supermarket without making any attempt to pay for the items which cost £4.
The ice bucket challenge is an internet craze which has spread across social media. It is aimed at raising money for ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) and in the UK for the Motor Neurone Disease Association (MNDA).
Both suspects are white and in their late 20s. One had short blonde hair and was wearing a stripy T-shirt, blue jeans and trainers. The second suspect had brown hair and was wearing bright orange trousers.
You may also want to watch:
The ice bucket challenge has become an internet craze in recent weeks and is aimed at raising money for ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) and the Motor Neurone Disease Association (MNDA).
If you have any information on the incident then contact Saffron Walden police station on 101.
- 1 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 2 New outreach Post Office for community
- 3 Uttlesford businesses 'disappointed' with Freedom Day delay
- 4 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 5 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 6 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 7 Classical BRIT Award-winning Jess Gillam to play Saffron Hall
- 8 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 9 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 10 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford