Two women taken to hospital after smash closes B184 near Saffron Walden
- Credit: Archant
Two women have been taken to hospital following a crash this afternoon (March 2) which closed the B184 Thaxted Road in both directions at Howlett End.
The two vehicle accident occurred opposite the White Hart hotel at just before 3pm, closing the road between People’s Lane and Mill Road in the Essex hamlet.
Two ambulances and two fire crews attended the scene and the firefighters from Saffron Walden were able to release two women who were trapped in their car by 4.38pm.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said that one of the women suffered a neck injury and one had injured her hand.
One of the women was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge, while the other went to Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford.
You may also want to watch:
Four people were involved in the accident but none of the injuries are thought to be life threatening.
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 6 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 7 Fine form continues with seven-up for effervescent Saffron Walden Town
- 8 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich
- 9 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 10 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost