UK first for Saffron Screen projectionists
THREE members of the Saffron Screen projection team have been awarded a prestigious industry accolade.
Technical manager Paul Willmott and volunteer projectionists Jason Bond and Simon Gough are the first projectionists in the UK to receive the Digital Projection Certification.
Each were assessed individually before being awarded the industry certification.
The certificate scheme was devised by the Cinema Technology Committee of the BKSTS (British Kinematograph, Sound and Television Society), and asses how film programmes are built and presented in the new digital age.
Mr Willmott said: “We are really pleased to have obtained these certificates which demonstrate that we have maintained our standards whilst transitioning from 35mm film to digital.
You may also want to watch:
“To be the first projectionists in the UK to obtain this certification is a remarkable achievement for a small independent cinema.”
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 5 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 6 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 7 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 8 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 10 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections