UK first for Saffron Screen projectionists
THREE members of the Saffron Screen projection team have been awarded a prestigious industry accolade.
Technical manager Paul Willmott and volunteer projectionists Jason Bond and Simon Gough are the first projectionists in the UK to receive the Digital Projection Certification.
Each were assessed individually before being awarded the industry certification.
The certificate scheme was devised by the Cinema Technology Committee of the BKSTS (British Kinematograph, Sound and Television Society), and asses how film programmes are built and presented in the new digital age.
Mr Willmott said: “We are really pleased to have obtained these certificates which demonstrate that we have maintained our standards whilst transitioning from 35mm film to digital.
You may also want to watch:
“To be the first projectionists in the UK to obtain this certification is a remarkable achievement for a small independent cinema.”
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 7 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100