UK first for Saffron Screen projectionists
THREE members of the Saffron Screen projection team have been awarded a prestigious industry accolade.
Technical manager Paul Willmott and volunteer projectionists Jason Bond and Simon Gough are the first projectionists in the UK to receive the Digital Projection Certification.
Each were assessed individually before being awarded the industry certification.
The certificate scheme was devised by the Cinema Technology Committee of the BKSTS (British Kinematograph, Sound and Television Society), and asses how film programmes are built and presented in the new digital age.
Mr Willmott said: “We are really pleased to have obtained these certificates which demonstrate that we have maintained our standards whilst transitioning from 35mm film to digital.
You may also want to watch:
“To be the first projectionists in the UK to obtain this certification is a remarkable achievement for a small independent cinema.”
- 1 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 2 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 3 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 4 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 5 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 6 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 7 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 8 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 9 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 10 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list