UPDATE: Anonymous Lotto player in Essex wins £3million
- Credit: Archant
A LUCKY Lotto winner in Tendring has claimed a £3million jackpot.
The jackpot prize from a draw held on February 2 had previously remained outstanding in the Tendring district.
A call went out on Friday urging people in the area, where the ticket was purchased, to double-check they are not about to miss out on a life-changing prize.
The ticket matched all six winning Lotto numbers which were 2, 12, 13, 14, 21, 30 and the bonus ball was 39.
The jackpot prize is worth £3,017,471 in total.
A spokesman from the National Lottery said unless the winner opts to take full publicity and signs an agreement to that effect, no further information can be released about their win.
He said: “We’re delighted that the winner of this amazing prize has now come forward and we hope that they will enjoy their win. It would have been awful if the ticket-holder had missed out on this substantial and life-changing amount of money.
- 1 Consultation on traffic in Walden's Market Square ends on Monday
- 2 Proposed law which sparked Saffron Walden protests suffers House of Lords defeat
- 3 Derby fun for Wendens Ambo as they brush off logistical headache
- 4 Essex parents fear return to remote lessons amid school staff shortage
- 5 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 6 Fire and ambulance crews rescue after serious M11 crash
- 7 Walden author unveils third book, with a touching dedication
- 8 In pictures: the cute animals in January's Pets' Corner
- 9 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Large Visitor Attraction of the Year finalists
- 10 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
“We would like to remind all National Lottery players to check their tickets every time they play.”