UPDATE: Anonymous Lotto player in Essex wins £3million
- Credit: Archant
A LUCKY Lotto winner in Tendring has claimed a £3million jackpot.
The jackpot prize from a draw held on February 2 had previously remained outstanding in the Tendring district.
A call went out on Friday urging people in the area, where the ticket was purchased, to double-check they are not about to miss out on a life-changing prize.
The ticket matched all six winning Lotto numbers which were 2, 12, 13, 14, 21, 30 and the bonus ball was 39.
The jackpot prize is worth £3,017,471 in total.
A spokesman from the National Lottery said unless the winner opts to take full publicity and signs an agreement to that effect, no further information can be released about their win.
He said: “We’re delighted that the winner of this amazing prize has now come forward and we hope that they will enjoy their win. It would have been awful if the ticket-holder had missed out on this substantial and life-changing amount of money.
- 1 Essex Eagles hit Glamorgan hard in Vitality Blast best
- 2 Uttlesford Local Plan delay 'necessary' say councillors
- 3 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 4 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 5 Tea party celebrates Saffron Walden Museum volunteers
- 6 Debden man fundraising for Mind with 480km walk
- 7 Junior Fencer from Saffron Walden wins silver at England Championship
- 8 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 9 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
- 10 Saffron Walden maze is refurbished
“We would like to remind all National Lottery players to check their tickets every time they play.”