UPDATE: Essex Police appealing for witnesses to fatal crash on A120
POLICE are appealing for information about the fatal collision on the A120 near Takeley in which a lorry driver died.
Police were called at 9.24am on Wednesday, June 8, 2011 following reports that a heavy goods vehicle had crashed on the eastbound carriageway and crossed through the central reservation between Stansted Airport and the turn-off for Dunmow.
It is believed that the lorry driver, a 59-year-old man from Birmingham, was taken ill at the wheel.
Paramedics and an air ambulance were called but the driver was later pronounced dead at the scene.
Both carriageways of the A120 were closed between Stansted and Dunmow .
You may also want to watch:
One lane was re-opened westbound but the road surface on the eastbound carriageway had to be repaired due to diesel being spilled from the lorry and the central barrier being severely damaged.
Any witnesses who saw the crash but have not yet contacted officers should call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 0300 333 4444.
- 1 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 2 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 3 Town council backs new support club
- 4 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 5 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 6 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 7 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 8 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely
- 9 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 10 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire