UPDATE: Essex Police cordon off town centre area after woman seriously injured
POLICE have cordoned off an area in King’s Street to the public this morning...
POLICE have cordoned off an area in King’s Street, Saffron Walden, this morning – and have now confirmed that a 47-year-old woman has been seriously injured after a fall.
Three officers and one car were in attendance since 7am this morning, but the actual cordon was put in place just after midnight outside the Cross Keys Hotel.
In statement police said: “A woman has been found with serious injuries, believed not to be life threatening, in Saffron Walden just after midnight. She has been taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
“Police are looking into all the circumstances leading up to the incident.”
You may also want to watch:
Gary Sanderson, spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service (EEAST) said: “We were alerted to the High Street at 0.02am to a report of a woman found in a serious condition and following treatment by paramedics, she was taken to Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridgeshire.”
HAVE you seen anything? Contact us on 01799 512882.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 5 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 8 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 9 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand
- 10 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending