UPDATE: Essex Police cordon off town centre area after woman seriously injured
POLICE have cordoned off an area in King’s Street to the public this morning...
POLICE have cordoned off an area in King’s Street, Saffron Walden, this morning – and have now confirmed that a 47-year-old woman has been seriously injured after a fall.
Three officers and one car were in attendance since 7am this morning, but the actual cordon was put in place just after midnight outside the Cross Keys Hotel.
In statement police said: “A woman has been found with serious injuries, believed not to be life threatening, in Saffron Walden just after midnight. She has been taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
“Police are looking into all the circumstances leading up to the incident.”
You may also want to watch:
Gary Sanderson, spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service (EEAST) said: “We were alerted to the High Street at 0.02am to a report of a woman found in a serious condition and following treatment by paramedics, she was taken to Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridgeshire.”
HAVE you seen anything? Contact us on 01799 512882.
- 1 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 2 Saffron Striders enjoy lots of choice with Great North Run the main event
- 3 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 4 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
- 5 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 6 Peter Holt is appointed as the new district council chief executive
- 7 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 8 'It feels brilliant to be back' - Aladdin announced as Cambridge Arts Theatre's full-scale Christmas pantomime
- 9 Your pictures as Essex goes 'Back to School'
- 10 Opera superstar opens world-class season of entertainment lined up at Saffron Hall