UPDATE: Essex Police cordon off town centre area after woman seriously injured
POLICE have cordoned off an area in King’s Street to the public this morning...
POLICE have cordoned off an area in King’s Street, Saffron Walden, this morning – and have now confirmed that a 47-year-old woman has been seriously injured after a fall.
Three officers and one car were in attendance since 7am this morning, but the actual cordon was put in place just after midnight outside the Cross Keys Hotel.
In statement police said: “A woman has been found with serious injuries, believed not to be life threatening, in Saffron Walden just after midnight. She has been taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
“Police are looking into all the circumstances leading up to the incident.”
You may also want to watch:
Gary Sanderson, spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service (EEAST) said: “We were alerted to the High Street at 0.02am to a report of a woman found in a serious condition and following treatment by paramedics, she was taken to Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridgeshire.”
HAVE you seen anything? Contact us on 01799 512882.
- 1 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 2 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 3 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 4 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 5 Town council backs new support club
- 6 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 7 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 8 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 9 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 10 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford