UPDATE: Man dies after being hit by train at Newport
A MAN has died after being hit by a train at Newport Station.
Police were called to the incident at 10.40pm last night (Thursday), following reports that a person had been struck by a train.
The incident is not being treated as suspicious.
British Transport Police were also in attendance.
A spokesman for BTP said: “Paramedics from East of England Ambulance Service also attended but the man, believed to be in his 40’s and from the local area, was pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
“A file will be prepared for the coroner.”
The train involved was the 10.27pm service from Stansted Airport to Cambridge.
- 1 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 2 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 3 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 4 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 5 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 6 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
The incident led to the line being temporarily closed, causing disruption and delays to services in both directions.