UPDATE: Man dies after being hit by train at Newport
A MAN has died after being hit by a train at Newport Station.
Police were called to the incident at 10.40pm last night (Thursday), following reports that a person had been struck by a train.
The incident is not being treated as suspicious.
British Transport Police were also in attendance.
A spokesman for BTP said: “Paramedics from East of England Ambulance Service also attended but the man, believed to be in his 40’s and from the local area, was pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
“A file will be prepared for the coroner.”
The train involved was the 10.27pm service from Stansted Airport to Cambridge.
- 1 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 2 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 3 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 4 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 5 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 6 Thaxted Rangers boosted by Co-op donation
- 7 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 8 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 9 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 10 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
The incident led to the line being temporarily closed, causing disruption and delays to services in both directions.