UPDATE: Man dies after being hit by train at Newport
A MAN has died after being hit by a train at Newport Station.
Police were called to the incident at 10.40pm last night (Thursday), following reports that a person had been struck by a train.
The incident is not being treated as suspicious.
British Transport Police were also in attendance.
A spokesman for BTP said: “Paramedics from East of England Ambulance Service also attended but the man, believed to be in his 40’s and from the local area, was pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
“A file will be prepared for the coroner.”
The train involved was the 10.27pm service from Stansted Airport to Cambridge.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 4 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 5 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 10 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
The incident led to the line being temporarily closed, causing disruption and delays to services in both directions.