UPDATE: Man reportedly thrown 40ft from convertible BMW after it ploughs into lamppost
A MAN was seriously injured today (Wednesday) after reportedly being thrown 40ft from a convertible sports car that had smashed into a lamppost.
Police said the black BMW M3 spun out of control in Boars Tye Road, Silver End, near Braintree, around 10am.
One man was taken to Broomfield Hospital with serious multiple leg injuries while another - believed to be a passenger in the car - fled the scene.
Both are believed to be in their 20s.
The road was closed for around four hours while investigations were carried out by specialist officers.
You may also want to watch:
Police want to hear from any witnesses or anyone with information about events leading to the crash. They especially want to talk to a person who took photographs of the crash scene shortly after the incident happened. It is thought that the photographer might have useful information about the crash.
Anyone who can help should contact Sgt Jeff Moye at Dunmow Road Policing Unit on 101.
- 1 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 2 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 3 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 4 Walden Wombles hold their first litter pick
- 5 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 6 New outreach Post Office for community
- 7 New interim chief executive for district council
- 8 Mental health trust fined following 11 deaths
- 9 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 10 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier