UPDATE: Man reportedly thrown 40ft from convertible BMW after it ploughs into lamppost
A MAN was seriously injured today (Wednesday) after reportedly being thrown 40ft from a convertible sports car that had smashed into a lamppost.
Police said the black BMW M3 spun out of control in Boars Tye Road, Silver End, near Braintree, around 10am.
One man was taken to Broomfield Hospital with serious multiple leg injuries while another - believed to be a passenger in the car - fled the scene.
Both are believed to be in their 20s.
The road was closed for around four hours while investigations were carried out by specialist officers.
You may also want to watch:
Police want to hear from any witnesses or anyone with information about events leading to the crash. They especially want to talk to a person who took photographs of the crash scene shortly after the incident happened. It is thought that the photographer might have useful information about the crash.
Anyone who can help should contact Sgt Jeff Moye at Dunmow Road Policing Unit on 101.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 3 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 4 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 5 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 6 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 7 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 8 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 9 More restrictions set to be scrapped in Boris Johnson's winter Covid plan
- 10 Dramatic pictures show extent of three north-west Essex farm fires