Urgent appeal for help from charity
A HUMANITARIAN trip to deliver aid to Ukraine could be cancelled if a volunteer does not step forward.
Felsted Aid Deprived Children is set to make a trip to Chernihev on March 25 to deliver vital aid to a revival centre that cares for children that are affected by the 1986 Chernobyl disaster.
Founder of the charity Alan Hilliar has put out an “urgent” appeal for help.
“This is a very urgent appeal for a co-driver to come out with me in my van to deliver humanitarian aid to the centre in Ukraine.
“If you or you know of anyone that could do this trip please contact me otherwise the trip has to be cancelled.”
You may also want to watch:
The dates of the trip are March 25 to April 4 and the charity will pay for all fuel and ferry crossings. The trip will cost the volunteers around �200 for hotels.
To help Mr Hilliar, call 07884 426551.
- 1 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 2 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 3 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 4 Walden Wombles hold their first litter pick
- 5 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 6 New outreach Post Office for community
- 7 Mental health trust fined following 11 deaths
- 8 New interim chief executive for district council
- 9 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 10 Crematorium to broadcast Father's Day service