Urgent appeal for help from charity
A HUMANITARIAN trip to deliver aid to Ukraine could be cancelled if a volunteer does not step forward.
Felsted Aid Deprived Children is set to make a trip to Chernihev on March 25 to deliver vital aid to a revival centre that cares for children that are affected by the 1986 Chernobyl disaster.
Founder of the charity Alan Hilliar has put out an “urgent” appeal for help.
“This is a very urgent appeal for a co-driver to come out with me in my van to deliver humanitarian aid to the centre in Ukraine.
“If you or you know of anyone that could do this trip please contact me otherwise the trip has to be cancelled.”
You may also want to watch:
The dates of the trip are March 25 to April 4 and the charity will pay for all fuel and ferry crossings. The trip will cost the volunteers around �200 for hotels.
To help Mr Hilliar, call 07884 426551.
- 1 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 4 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 5 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 6 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 7 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 8 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 9 Jets and Falcons fly out of Stansted after their NFL London showdown
- 10 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess