Uttlesford Buffy Bus fundraiser proves just the ticket as Santander bank donate £1,500
- Credit: Archant
The wheels of the Uttlesford Buffy Bus will turn a little easier following the donation of more than £1,500.
Organisers of the charity hosted a quiz night at Sewards End village hall, in November, and they were assisted by staff members of the Santander Saffron Walden branch.
The bank also matched the takings, and presented a cheque to representative of the playbus last week. It will help in its work to provide early years activities for pre-school children and their carers in rural and isolated communities within Uttlesford.
Branch manager Robert Simmonds said: “I have been on the bus to see what goes on and I know what great work the charity does. It was a good opportunity for us to make a difference in the community.”
Buffy Bus project manager, Rosie Juhl, said: “It is an excellent amount of money to raise and we would very much like to thank Santander.”
You may also want to watch:
The quiz night raised a total of £2,600.
- 1 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 2 Saffron Walden book giveaway on The Lorax's 50th birthday
- 3 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 4 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 5 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
- 6 Saffron Screen's new Sunday night film season is For All The Brave Women
- 7 Mencap 'thank you' for Dig It community allotment
- 8 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 9 Winter wonderland coming to Cambridge as The North Pole ice rink returns
- 10 Cambridge Music Festival returns with 30th anniversary programme of concerts and online offerings