Uttlesford Buffy Bus fundraiser proves just the ticket as Santander bank donate £1,500
- Credit: Archant
The wheels of the Uttlesford Buffy Bus will turn a little easier following the donation of more than £1,500.
Organisers of the charity hosted a quiz night at Sewards End village hall, in November, and they were assisted by staff members of the Santander Saffron Walden branch.
The bank also matched the takings, and presented a cheque to representative of the playbus last week. It will help in its work to provide early years activities for pre-school children and their carers in rural and isolated communities within Uttlesford.
Branch manager Robert Simmonds said: “I have been on the bus to see what goes on and I know what great work the charity does. It was a good opportunity for us to make a difference in the community.”
Buffy Bus project manager, Rosie Juhl, said: “It is an excellent amount of money to raise and we would very much like to thank Santander.”
You may also want to watch:
The quiz night raised a total of £2,600.
- 1 Walden teddy bear shop to relocate to new venue
- 2 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 3 Numbers seeking support double - can you help Uttlesford foodbank?
- 4 Wiseman dynasty gets new star as 15-year-old Max hits first senior ton
- 5 Ex-prison governor on writing, retirement and baking at Angela Reed
- 6 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 7 Katherine Semar pupils hold May Day festival of dance
- 8 Six days of alfresco dining announced for Market Square
- 9 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 10 Woman taken to hospital with burns after Walden fire