Uttlesford Buffy Bus fundraiser proves just the ticket as Santander bank donate £1,500
- Credit: Archant
The wheels of the Uttlesford Buffy Bus will turn a little easier following the donation of more than £1,500.
Organisers of the charity hosted a quiz night at Sewards End village hall, in November, and they were assisted by staff members of the Santander Saffron Walden branch.
The bank also matched the takings, and presented a cheque to representative of the playbus last week. It will help in its work to provide early years activities for pre-school children and their carers in rural and isolated communities within Uttlesford.
Branch manager Robert Simmonds said: “I have been on the bus to see what goes on and I know what great work the charity does. It was a good opportunity for us to make a difference in the community.”
Buffy Bus project manager, Rosie Juhl, said: “It is an excellent amount of money to raise and we would very much like to thank Santander.”
The quiz night raised a total of £2,600.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 2 Consultation on traffic in Walden's Market Square ends on Monday
- 3 Proposed law which sparked Saffron Walden protests suffers House of Lords defeat
- 4 Derby fun for Wendens Ambo as they brush off logistical headache
- 5 Police appeals into two Uttlesford incidents
- 6 Decision yet to be made on Saffron Walden's 20mph limit
- 7 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 8 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Large Visitor Attraction of the Year finalists
- 9 Essex parents fear return to remote lessons amid school staff shortage
- 10 Fire and ambulance crews rescue after serious M11 crash