Uttlesford business enjoys successful first event
A NEW training company hosted an event for local businesses about corporate social responsibility at Thremhall Park.
Versatile Training invited a wide range of local businesses to the event with an aim to raise awareness about the importance of social responsibility both for businesses and the local community.
Jill Poet, managing director of the Organisation for Responsible Business (ORB) spoke passionately about how businesses can be profitable businesses and produce positive results for people, planet and profit.
The event also included a presentation by Linda Riley, director of Versatile Training on the background to the establishment of Versatile Training as a “Community Interest Company” and how it supports local voluntary and community groups
Paula Tatchell, business development manager for Versatile Training said: “What a perfect evening for this first event. It was great to be able to talk with such a varied group of business people. I look forward to running further events of this sort for local organisations.”
You may also want to watch:
For information, visit versatiletraining.co.uk or call 01371 876747.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 3 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
- 6 Reflections: A World War One soldier who was killed in battle
- 7 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 8 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival