Uttlesford business enjoys successful first event
A NEW training company hosted an event for local businesses about corporate social responsibility at Thremhall Park.
Versatile Training invited a wide range of local businesses to the event with an aim to raise awareness about the importance of social responsibility both for businesses and the local community.
Jill Poet, managing director of the Organisation for Responsible Business (ORB) spoke passionately about how businesses can be profitable businesses and produce positive results for people, planet and profit.
The event also included a presentation by Linda Riley, director of Versatile Training on the background to the establishment of Versatile Training as a “Community Interest Company” and how it supports local voluntary and community groups
Paula Tatchell, business development manager for Versatile Training said: “What a perfect evening for this first event. It was great to be able to talk with such a varied group of business people. I look forward to running further events of this sort for local organisations.”
You may also want to watch:
For information, visit versatiletraining.co.uk or call 01371 876747.
- 1 Tools collection is a huge success
- 2 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 6 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 8 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
- 9 New development plan for former Friends' School
- 10 Share your views: Should Freedom Day on June 21 go ahead?