Uttlesford CAB disability benefits home visit team to extend service into neighbouring South Cambs
Uttlesford Citizens Advice Bureau, which helps people resolve their legal, money and other problems, has been given funding to extend one of its services into neighbouring South Cambridgeshire.
For 13 years, the charity has been running a specialised service for people living with disabilities who need advice or help managing their finances.
The Disability Benefits team, which offers continuity of care, confidentiality and one-to-one home visits, will be able to extend the service to wards of Ickleton, Duxford and Sawston.
Help can be arranged for those who need support making applications or filling in forms. Financial issues or care needs can also be looked at such as purchasing aids and appliances, getting a blue badge, or lowering fuel bills.
The team often works with clients who have been referred by health professionals or the social services, but if you, or someone you know, might benefit from this service, call 01799 618840. The CAB team can cover questions on benefit-related issues but will pass you on to the Home Visit team if necessary.
Visit uttlesfordcab.org.uk for more information.
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 Stansted Airport calls for residents' views on solar transformation plan
- 3 Saffron Walden County High School student launches campaign for a 'Quiet Room'
- 4 Will there be a White Christmas in Essex this year?
- 5 Walden has late night shopping and musicians
- 6 Saffron Walden a contender in Britain's Favourite Market vote
- 7 Music therapy top honour includes Walden's Together in Sound
- 8 Advent begins in Saffron Walden on Sunday
- 9 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 10 Students bring cheer to senior citizens through Christmas Buddy Scheme