Uttlesford CAB disability benefits home visit team to extend service into neighbouring South Cambs
Uttlesford Citizens Advice Bureau, which helps people resolve their legal, money and other problems, has been given funding to extend one of its services into neighbouring South Cambridgeshire.
For 13 years, the charity has been running a specialised service for people living with disabilities who need advice or help managing their finances.
The Disability Benefits team, which offers continuity of care, confidentiality and one-to-one home visits, will be able to extend the service to wards of Ickleton, Duxford and Sawston.
Help can be arranged for those who need support making applications or filling in forms. Financial issues or care needs can also be looked at such as purchasing aids and appliances, getting a blue badge, or lowering fuel bills.
The team often works with clients who have been referred by health professionals or the social services, but if you, or someone you know, might benefit from this service, call 01799 618840. The CAB team can cover questions on benefit-related issues but will pass you on to the Home Visit team if necessary.
You may also want to watch:
Visit uttlesfordcab.org.uk for more information.
- 1 Further registrars speak out in wedding consultation row
- 2 Students share their views on school curriculum
- 3 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 4 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 5 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 6 Operation Trespass will highlight drugs gangs cuckooing efforts
- 7 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 10 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021