Uttlesford CAB disability benefits home visit team to extend service into neighbouring South Cambs
Uttlesford Citizens Advice Bureau, which helps people resolve their legal, money and other problems, has been given funding to extend one of its services into neighbouring South Cambridgeshire.
For 13 years, the charity has been running a specialised service for people living with disabilities who need advice or help managing their finances.
The Disability Benefits team, which offers continuity of care, confidentiality and one-to-one home visits, will be able to extend the service to wards of Ickleton, Duxford and Sawston.
Help can be arranged for those who need support making applications or filling in forms. Financial issues or care needs can also be looked at such as purchasing aids and appliances, getting a blue badge, or lowering fuel bills.
The team often works with clients who have been referred by health professionals or the social services, but if you, or someone you know, might benefit from this service, call 01799 618840. The CAB team can cover questions on benefit-related issues but will pass you on to the Home Visit team if necessary.
You may also want to watch:
Visit uttlesfordcab.org.uk for more information.
- 1 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 2 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 3 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 6 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash