Uttlesford charity's silver lining service
AN Uttlesford charity held a stunning Summer Ball to celebrate the achievement of 25 years continuous service. Home-start Uttlesford offers support to families with young children under the age of five in the community. And dignitaries, Trustees, voluntee
AN Uttlesford charity held a stunning Summer Ball to celebrate the achievement of 25 years continuous service.
Home-start Uttlesford offers support to families with young children under the age of five in the community.
And dignitaries, Trustees, volunteers, staff, friends and families marked an important milestone in its history with a Silver Spectacular, held at the Sergeant's Mess at Carver Barracks in Wimbish on Saturday. Catering was laid on by Army staff, music was provided by Michael Findlay's band Crisis, and almost �1000 was raised by table games and a raffle.
Linda Robinson has co-ordinated the work of the scheme during those 25 years. She said: "The scheme has been training volunteers to support families with young children who find managing everyday life stressful, isolating or difficult.
You may also want to watch:
"Each year as many as 100 families and over 200 children benefit from the support of a volunteer in their home and the opportunity to join one of our two family groups, go on a summer outing, attend a special Christmas party and do the things that many of us take for granted.
"We are now looking forward to the next 25 years. As our first Chair of Trustees, Jill Lloyd, said in sending her congratulations to us: 'Home-start will always be needed'."
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 5 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 8 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 9 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand
- 10 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
Visit www.homestartuttlesford.org.uk to find out more about the charity and how you could become involved, or call 01799 520728 to speak to a member of staff.
Pictured are some of the guests before the Silver Spectacular. To order prints click on myphotos24