Uttlesford charity's silver lining service
AN Uttlesford charity held a stunning Summer Ball to celebrate the achievement of 25 years continuous service. Home-start Uttlesford offers support to families with young children under the age of five in the community. And dignitaries, Trustees, voluntee
AN Uttlesford charity held a stunning Summer Ball to celebrate the achievement of 25 years continuous service.
Home-start Uttlesford offers support to families with young children under the age of five in the community.
And dignitaries, Trustees, volunteers, staff, friends and families marked an important milestone in its history with a Silver Spectacular, held at the Sergeant's Mess at Carver Barracks in Wimbish on Saturday. Catering was laid on by Army staff, music was provided by Michael Findlay's band Crisis, and almost �1000 was raised by table games and a raffle.
Linda Robinson has co-ordinated the work of the scheme during those 25 years. She said: "The scheme has been training volunteers to support families with young children who find managing everyday life stressful, isolating or difficult.
You may also want to watch:
"Each year as many as 100 families and over 200 children benefit from the support of a volunteer in their home and the opportunity to join one of our two family groups, go on a summer outing, attend a special Christmas party and do the things that many of us take for granted.
"We are now looking forward to the next 25 years. As our first Chair of Trustees, Jill Lloyd, said in sending her congratulations to us: 'Home-start will always be needed'."
- 1 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 2 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 3 Town council backs new support club
- 4 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 5 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 6 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 7 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 8 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 9 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 10 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely
Visit www.homestartuttlesford.org.uk to find out more about the charity and how you could become involved, or call 01799 520728 to speak to a member of staff.
Pictured are some of the guests before the Silver Spectacular. To order prints click on myphotos24