Uttlesford charity's silver lining service
AN Uttlesford charity held a stunning Summer Ball to celebrate the achievement of 25 years continuous service. Home-start Uttlesford offers support to families with young children under the age of five in the community. And dignitaries, Trustees, voluntee
AN Uttlesford charity held a stunning Summer Ball to celebrate the achievement of 25 years continuous service.
Home-start Uttlesford offers support to families with young children under the age of five in the community.
And dignitaries, Trustees, volunteers, staff, friends and families marked an important milestone in its history with a Silver Spectacular, held at the Sergeant's Mess at Carver Barracks in Wimbish on Saturday. Catering was laid on by Army staff, music was provided by Michael Findlay's band Crisis, and almost �1000 was raised by table games and a raffle.
Linda Robinson has co-ordinated the work of the scheme during those 25 years. She said: "The scheme has been training volunteers to support families with young children who find managing everyday life stressful, isolating or difficult.
"Each year as many as 100 families and over 200 children benefit from the support of a volunteer in their home and the opportunity to join one of our two family groups, go on a summer outing, attend a special Christmas party and do the things that many of us take for granted.
"We are now looking forward to the next 25 years. As our first Chair of Trustees, Jill Lloyd, said in sending her congratulations to us: 'Home-start will always be needed'."
- 1 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 2 Junior Fencer from Saffron Walden wins silver at England Championship
- 3 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
- 4 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 5 Committee and president appointed for Elsenham WI
- 6 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 7 Tea party celebrates Saffron Walden Museum volunteers
- 8 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 9 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 10 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
Visit www.homestartuttlesford.org.uk to find out more about the charity and how you could become involved, or call 01799 520728 to speak to a member of staff.
Pictured are some of the guests before the Silver Spectacular. To order prints click on myphotos24