Uttlesford Citizens Advice Bureau celebrating Volunteering Week
- Credit: Archant
An Uttlesford charity has put together a fun video celebrating its ‘Happy Band of Volunteers’ to mark Volunteers’ Week.
Uttlesford Citizens Advice Bureau relies on a team of about 80 volunteers who work around 470 hours a week for the benefit of the community – the value of which is estimated to be approximately £378,000 a year!
Manager Kate Robson said: “Volunteering is about giving your time to a good cause, and in return getting a sense of making a positive difference to other people’s lives.
“It is a great way to meet people, make friends and can also help you back into the work place should you need it.
Our volunteers make Uttlesford CAB the great organisation it is: they advise clients, visit people in their homes, carry out admin roles, write press releases, act as Trustees; without them we simply would not exist!”
You may also want to watch:
To view the video, visit saffronwaldenreporter24.co.uk or follow the link from the CAB’s Facebook page. Alternatively follow the organisation on Twitter, @UttlesfordCAB – they’ll be tweeting every day during Volunteers Week.
Volunteers’ Week (June 1-7) celebrates the contribution made by millions of volunteers across the UK.
- 1 Walden club requests you donate your unwanted tools
- 2 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 3 Award for carpentry apprentice who follows her father into the industry
- 4 Mayor presents vouchers to help foodbank clients
- 5 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 6 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 7 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 8 Further registrars speak out in wedding consultation row
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 10 'No link' between postponed Essex weddings and registrars’ consultation
There are always volunteer roles available at Uttlesford CAB. To find more contact 01799 618840, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or check out the website, uttlesfordcab.org.uk