Uttlesford Citizens Advice Bureau ranked in top eight per cent in the country
CLIENTS are being given top advice from one of the best-performing bureau in the country, according to an independent audit. Uttlesford Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB), which was assessed on the quality of its advice, as well as its administration and financ
CLIENTS are being given top advice from one of the best-performing bureau in the country, according to an independent audit.
Uttlesford Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB), which was assessed on the quality of its advice, as well as its administration and finances, was found to be "extremely good" in all areas.
Manager of Uttlesford CAB, Kate Robson, said: "This is a real vote of confidence in the bureau and I'm delighted with the result.
"It shows that clients can be sure that they will get very good advice from our offices and outreaches in Saffron Walden, Great Dunmow and Thaxted. I'd like to thank all the staff, paid and unpaid, in the bureau for the hard work that made this result possible."
You may also want to watch:
The audit, carried out by the National Association of Citizens Advice Bureaux, ranked Uttlesford CAB in the top eight per cent of the country.
Each CAB has to undergo a rigorous audit every three years to ensure it can remain a member of the National Association and that it can retain its Legal Services Commissions 'Quality Mark'.
- 1 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 2 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 3 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 4 Delight as triathlon returns to Saffron Walden for 20th edition
- 5 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
- 6 Mencap 'thank you' for Dig It community allotment
- 7 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 8 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 9 Strong start for Saffron Walden as competitive rugby returns with a bang.
- 10 New cup and pavilion are dedicated to memory of Colin Bazley
Chair of Uttlesford CAB, David Wolfe, said: "The whole board is delighted with the Bureau's performance, all our staff and volunteers work really hard to provide the best service we can within the funds available and it's wonderful to see that everyone's efforts are recognised in the results of this audit."
Uttlesford CAB helps people resolve their money, benefit, housing, employment and legal problems. For more information visit www.citizensadvice.org.uk. The advice is free, confidential and open to everyone.
Uttlesford CAB has nine part-time staff and 69 volunteers working from Saffron Walden, Great Dunmow and Thaxted.
If you are interested in volunteering to become a trustee of CAB they are currently looking to strengthen the board in the areas of fundraising and communication, equality and diversity, company secretary and personnel. Contact David Wolfe for more details on 01371 872363.