Uttlesford council set to carry out parish boundary review
LARGE-SCALE housing developments are forcing Uttlesford District Council to consider scrapping some small parish councils and grouping them together.
A review is underway to look at boundaries and to determine whether parishes should have, or continue to have, elected councils.
On area under consideration is the divide between Little Canfield and Takeley due to the Priors Green development.
Electoral services manager Peter Snow said: “The review will determine whether any change is needed to reflect community interests and identities.
“Residents, especially those in Priors Green, are welcome to submit proposals to the matters being reviewed. We welcome comments from parish councils and parish meetings, and also community and sports groups.”
You may also want to watch:
All comments received before September 30 will be evaluated and the council will then consider drawing up proposals.
Any new proposals will be published in November and will be subject to a three-month consultation period.
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 7 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 8 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 9 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
For more information, visit the council’s website at uttlesford.gov.uk and click on the link in the ‘What’s New on the Site’ section of the homepage.