Uttlesford council set to carry out parish boundary review
LARGE-SCALE housing developments are forcing Uttlesford District Council to consider scrapping some small parish councils and grouping them together.
A review is underway to look at boundaries and to determine whether parishes should have, or continue to have, elected councils.
On area under consideration is the divide between Little Canfield and Takeley due to the Priors Green development.
Electoral services manager Peter Snow said: “The review will determine whether any change is needed to reflect community interests and identities.
“Residents, especially those in Priors Green, are welcome to submit proposals to the matters being reviewed. We welcome comments from parish councils and parish meetings, and also community and sports groups.”
All comments received before September 30 will be evaluated and the council will then consider drawing up proposals.
Any new proposals will be published in November and will be subject to a three-month consultation period.
- 1 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 2 e-comics and creative writing help from Essex libraries
- 3 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 4 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 5 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 6 Sue Gray report finds lockdown party behaviour was 'unacceptable'
- 7 Saffron Walden girls enjoy first festival outing
- 8 'Cat bite could have killed me': Many operations for rescuer
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: Uttlesford street party and activities
- 10 Red, white and blue: Royal theme for Saffron Walden windows
For more information, visit the council’s website at uttlesford.gov.uk and click on the link in the ‘What’s New on the Site’ section of the homepage.