Uttlesford council to host welfare reforms road show
UTTLESFORD District Council is holding a Welfare Road Show next week to help explain the recent welfare reform changes to residents.
The event is being hosted at the council’s offices in London Road, Saffron Walden, on Wednesday May 22.
As well as being able to ask questions about the recent changes to benefit entitlements residents will also be able to obtain financial advice from expert organisations.
The free event is open to anyone living in the district and will run from 9am to 4pm.
Housing, Benefits and Council Tax officers will help any residents who have concerns about paying their bills.
You may also want to watch:
And a number of local organisations will be on hand to provide advice on how to make your money go further and offer support to families experiencing debt difficulties.
Organisations attending include:
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 4 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 5 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 10 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
• Family Mosaic
• Christians Against Poverty
• Uttlesford Citizens Advice Bureau
• Home-Start Uttlesford
• Spurgeon’s Children’s Centres
• Essex County Fire & Rescue Service
• Uttlesford Community Travel
• West Essex MIND
• The Salvation Army
• Saffron Save (a credit union you can sign up to on the day for a £10 joining fee) and
• Support 4 Sight.
Residents who are unable to attend on the day can contact the Council to discuss their personal situation so they can be referred to the most appropriate agency to assist them.
If you are unable to attend call 01799 510510 and ask for Amie Jones or Karina McLoughlin. Alternatively you can e-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org