Uttlesford Covid cases still among lowest in Essex
- Credit: GETTY IMAGES
Uttlesford continues to record some of the lowest Covid-19 infection rates in Essex, latest statistics show.
Figures for the week up to March 11 - the latest date for which complete data is available - reveal the case rate at 26.3 per 100,000 people compared with 28.5 the previous week.
The figures were only bettered by Maldon district which recorded a rate of 9.2 per 100,000.
Rates in Braintree district dropped to 35.4 per 100,000 compared with 45.9 the previous week.
Up to March 11 there were 542 confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Essex, with the weekly case rate for the county at 36.4 per 100,000.
You may also want to watch:
Harlow saw the highest rates of infection at 56.3 per 100,000.
Dr Mike Gogarty, Essex County Council’s Director of Public Health, said everyone must continue to follow the guidance.
He added: “Even though the rates look positive, we must not be complacent."
- 1 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 2 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 3 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 4 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 5 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 6 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 7 Thaxted - Carver Scout Group visit an Apache helicopter
- 8 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 9 Historic books have new 'long loan' home to help researchers
- 10 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank