Uttlesford District Council announces waste collection plans for Easter weekend
WASTE collection plans have been announced for Easter weekend.
There will be no dry recycling or food waste collections in the district on Friday (March 29) due to the Bank Holiday.
Residents who were due to have their wheelie bins and food caddies emptied on Friday will instead have them collected the following day (Saturday March 30).
All collections next week will take place as scheduled.
To check your collection day, go to http://bins.uttlesford.gov.uk/ and enter your postcode.
The council’s garden waste service re-launched recently and anyone wishing to subscribe or renew do so. There is a one-off £20 bin charge for new subscribers and an annual £40 collection charge. You pay the appropriate percentage if you join part way through the year.
Residents in receipt of district council-administered benefits are eligible for a discount on the subscription charge.
- 1 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 2 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 3 Road building not the answer to Essex's transport woes, says campaigner
- 4 Driver shortage leaves Walden pupil without school transport
- 5 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 6 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
- 7 Saffron Striders enjoy home leg of inter-club cross-country championship
- 8 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
- 9 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 10 Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Meet the Small Visitor Attraction of the Year Award finalists
Last year over 900 tons of waste was diverted away from landfill to be recycled under the garden waste collection scheme.
For information on the scheme and what can be recycled, or to subscribe, go to uttlesford.gov.uk/gardenwaste or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org