Uttlesford District Council announces waste collection plans for Easter weekend
WASTE collection plans have been announced for Easter weekend.
There will be no dry recycling or food waste collections in the district on Friday (March 29) due to the Bank Holiday.
Residents who were due to have their wheelie bins and food caddies emptied on Friday will instead have them collected the following day (Saturday March 30).
All collections next week will take place as scheduled.
To check your collection day, go to http://bins.uttlesford.gov.uk/ and enter your postcode.
You may also want to watch:
The council’s garden waste service re-launched recently and anyone wishing to subscribe or renew do so. There is a one-off £20 bin charge for new subscribers and an annual £40 collection charge. You pay the appropriate percentage if you join part way through the year.
Residents in receipt of district council-administered benefits are eligible for a discount on the subscription charge.
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 3 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 10 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out
Last year over 900 tons of waste was diverted away from landfill to be recycled under the garden waste collection scheme.
For information on the scheme and what can be recycled, or to subscribe, go to uttlesford.gov.uk/gardenwaste or e-mail email@example.com