Uttlesford District Council announces waste collection plans for Easter weekend
WASTE collection plans have been announced for Easter weekend.
There will be no dry recycling or food waste collections in the district on Friday (March 29) due to the Bank Holiday.
Residents who were due to have their wheelie bins and food caddies emptied on Friday will instead have them collected the following day (Saturday March 30).
All collections next week will take place as scheduled.
To check your collection day, go to http://bins.uttlesford.gov.uk/ and enter your postcode.
You may also want to watch:
The council’s garden waste service re-launched recently and anyone wishing to subscribe or renew do so. There is a one-off £20 bin charge for new subscribers and an annual £40 collection charge. You pay the appropriate percentage if you join part way through the year.
Residents in receipt of district council-administered benefits are eligible for a discount on the subscription charge.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Students share their views on school curriculum
- 3 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 4 Operation Trespass will highlight drugs gangs cuckooing efforts
- 5 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 6 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 7 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 10 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
Last year over 900 tons of waste was diverted away from landfill to be recycled under the garden waste collection scheme.
For information on the scheme and what can be recycled, or to subscribe, go to uttlesford.gov.uk/gardenwaste or e-mail email@example.com