Uttlesford District Council announces waste collection plans for Easter weekend
WASTE collection plans have been announced for Easter weekend.
There will be no dry recycling or food waste collections in the district on Friday (March 29) due to the Bank Holiday.
Residents who were due to have their wheelie bins and food caddies emptied on Friday will instead have them collected the following day (Saturday March 30).
All collections next week will take place as scheduled.
To check your collection day, go to http://bins.uttlesford.gov.uk/ and enter your postcode.
You may also want to watch:
The council’s garden waste service re-launched recently and anyone wishing to subscribe or renew do so. There is a one-off £20 bin charge for new subscribers and an annual £40 collection charge. You pay the appropriate percentage if you join part way through the year.
Residents in receipt of district council-administered benefits are eligible for a discount on the subscription charge.
- 1 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 2 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 3 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 4 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 5 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 6 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 7 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 8 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 9 Stansted teachers offered lockdown yoga
- 10 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
Last year over 900 tons of waste was diverted away from landfill to be recycled under the garden waste collection scheme.
For information on the scheme and what can be recycled, or to subscribe, go to uttlesford.gov.uk/gardenwaste or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org