Uttlesford District Council answers the Planning Inspector’s initial questions
- Credit: Archant
Uttlesford District Council has submitted its response to the Planning Inspector’s initial soundness concerns and questions ahead of the independent examination of the Local Plan.
Planning Inspector Roy Foster had raised a range of legal and soundness-related matters and queries which identified some of the main issues he considers will need to be covered at the examination.
The council has responded to these questions and the documents are now available on the authority’s website.
Cllr Susan Barker, cabinet member for environmental services with responsibility for the Local Plan, said: “The Inspector has asked the council a number of technical questions about the Local Plan and the team at Uttlesford has responded.
“These questions relate to some of the matters raised by people at the stage immediately before submission of the plan.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Foster, who has been appointed by the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government to carry out the examination, will determine whether the Local Plan is ‘sound’ and complies with all the legal and procedural requirements.
As part of that process, a number of hearing sessions will be held. These are due to take place during two weeks, beginning November 17 and December 1. There will be no hearing sessions during the week beginning November 25.
- 1 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 2 Tools collection is a huge success
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 6 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 7 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
- 8 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 9 New development plan for former Friends' School
- 10 Things to do in June - from open gardens to live music and dancing
Mr Foster has said he has no intention of holding a pre-hearing meeting.
Representations that were made at the pre-submission stage are being considered by the Inspector as part of the examination. He will, in due course, also invite some of those people and groups who indicated that they wanted to participate at the sessions to talk about specific issues in more detail.
The examination sessions will be open to any parties who wish to attend to observe proceedings.
All documents related to the Local Plan, including the council’s response to the Inspector’s initial soundness concerns and questions, are available at uttlesford.gov.uk/article/3135/Examination-Documents.