Uttlesford District Council chariman holds community-spirited carol service
A CONCERT for a very special cause is to be held in Saffron Walden on Thursday December 10.St Mary s Church will be the venue for the Uttlesford District Council Chairman, Cllr Alastair Walters Carol Service, a community-spirited celebration of Christma
A CONCERT for a very special cause is to be held in Saffron Walden on Thursday December 10.
St Mary's Church will be the venue for the Uttlesford District Council Chairman, Cllr Alastair Walters' Carol Service, a community-spirited celebration of Christmas featuring contributions from two respected soloists and a choir of children from a local primary school.
The service, taking place at 7.30 pm, will feature soprano Sara Grimshaw and baritone Martin Oinn, accompanied by the Katherine Semar School Choir, who will give special performances of two festive songs.
A collection will be taken at the service for the chairman's charity, which is in support of the Accuro's 'Under-19 Project', which gives teenagers with disabilities the chance to take part in social activities they would likely otherwise be unable to do.
You may also want to watch:
With weekly sessions in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow, the scheme currently helps more than 40 young people in the district. The charity relies heavily on donations to enable it to do its work and Cllr Walters is hoping the Carol Service will help generate some much-needed funds.
He said: "The work Accuro carries out in Uttlesford makes an invaluable difference to the lives of dozens of young people with disabilities, and their families.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 3 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 4 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 5 St Mary's service held to mark death of Prince Philip
- 6 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 7 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 8 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 9 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 10 Town council challenges water softening decision
"I am proud to be supporting such a worthy cause and, having experienced before the generosity of the people of Uttlesford - especially during the festive season - I have no doubt at all that the evening will be a tremendous success. Admission is free and all are welcome.